Author Topic: Boots?  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Timbertrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
Boots?
« on: Feb 11, 2011, 04:55 PM »
Last weekend in the slush i ripped the seam out of my boot, and obviously got soaked. Has anyone tried muck boots in this slop? Also are they warm enough out on the ice? Thanks

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
Re: Boots?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2011, 05:29 PM »
I got a set of the Irish Setter Rutmaster 1200g and I have yet to have my feet get cold wearing just thin cotton socks.  Got them online for 90 bucks and I think they are twice the boot the LaCrosse Burlys are.

Offline NorthcountrySportsmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2011, 05:52 PM »
My buddy and myself were on Caspian last weekend. He had his muck boots on and I had my Cabela's Deerstalkers. My feet were soaked by the end of the day in all the slush and his were bone dry. Tomorrow when we head back out I will be wearing my muck boots. Both our boots are 1200g and our feet have never been cold or wet..

Offline Nthaburgh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2011, 05:55 PM »
Got the Muck Arctic Sport Hi-Cut for Christmas been out few times with them. About the warmest boots I have ever owned. They've kept me dry in the slop up at Carmi. Extremely light weight also.

"I've come to know the cold...I think of it as home" -G&R

Offline Timbertrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2011, 05:58 PM »
All i have ever worn were the 800gram Lacross boots, and loved them, untill last weekend so thanks maybe i will get a set of Mucks

Offline iceholerVT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2011, 06:47 PM »
I've got the Cabelas comfortrac rubber boots in 2000gram and my feet are always warm...  And dry, they're 16" tall!!  They are never left at home.

Offline snogoose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2011, 07:37 PM »
LaCrosse Rules!

Offline jrendfrey58

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2011, 08:40 PM »
i have the uninsulated tall muck boots i got them 3 years ago and with a good pair of wool socks they are perfect for ice fishing my feet and pants stay dry all day well worth 120$ i would recommend getting a pair i dont go on the ice without them cause i HATE wet feet

Offline BCinVT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2011, 04:59 AM »
Gotta agree with iceholerVT.For the money,the comfort trac 2000 are the warmest boot I've ever owned.You can get em for under 100.And they're pretty comfortable.
Anyday you can be in the woods,on the water,or on the ice is a GREAT DAY

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2011, 01:05 PM »
my mucks are the only boot i will ever wear again

Offline webster2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2011, 01:34 PM »
My dad gave me a pair of Wigg's or Wiggy's, not sure of the correct name.  They're really warm, and light.

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2011, 02:00 PM »
I wear bogs. Basically the same but I find them more comfortable.
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline Champlaingler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I hate snow!!!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2011, 02:05 PM »
The sister inlaw gave me a pair of wolverine 800 gram all leather boots with goretex for Xmas, the warmest most dry boots I've owned. Never would have bought wolverine myself but thoroughly impressed.  :)
-Dave

Offline ifslob28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2011, 06:20 PM »
I use Lacrosse unisulated rubbers with a pair of cotton and wool socks and I am always warm while my buddies feet are usually cold and wet.

Offline gatorfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2011, 07:12 PM »
  I wear the uninsulated muck boots. Had them for three years. Wear them during bear, archery, rifle, and muzzleloader seasons. Also wear them during ic fishing. I fish carmi most of the time so they are in the water alot. My feet havent got cold yet. I wear wool socks with them ice fishing. They are the best boots i have worn so far. A buddy of mine has the arctic pair. He has nicked them with a chainsaw twice and melted them on his heater buddy and they still dont leak. I had a pair of lacrosse 2000 gram thinsulate camo rubber boots before. They were warm but heavy. They ripped out after two years. Muck boots are the only boots i will buy for the outdoors.

Offline Bionicfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2011, 07:58 PM »
I have Ranger 16 inch rubber with 1000 gram Thinsulate and love them. They run big so try them on first. I'm a 10 1/2 and the 9 fits with two pair of socks on. I stay warm and dry all day in the 10+ inch of slush.

I picked them up three years ago on sale for $25 bucks in late winter/early spring so be on the look out for end of winter sales.

Offline Timbertrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 14, 2011, 04:32 PM »
Thanks for all of the info, looks like Muck Boots for me. I got them for valentines day from the ol' lady

Offline trucker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 17, 2011, 08:24 AM »
Last weekend in the slush i ripped the seam out of my boot, and obviously got soaked. Has anyone tried muck boots in this slop? Also are they warm enough out on the ice? Thanks
here is a big discussion on boots was asking the same thing hope this helps
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=188381.0
Hang out with the kids or go fishing......Can I take the kids out fishing?

Offline trucker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2011, 08:26 AM »
sorry did not relize my thread got moved to the same page
Hang out with the kids or go fishing......Can I take the kids out fishing?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.