Author Topic: Tossed Laketrout!  (Read 2861 times)

Offline fishslayer79

• IceShanty Rookie
Tossed Laketrout!
« on: Feb 10, 2011, 06:50 PM »
If anyone knows who threw the 15-20 laketrout in the snow by lighthouse tell them nice job, must be proud fisherman to be so wastefull, if u dont want them why keep them! Id love to catch u doing this! even if they were fattys, show more respect!

Offline Garshouse

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tossed Laketrout!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Disgusting.  Its funny how some people are complaining about too many little lakers in the lower bay!  Some of these same people gripe about not enough fish when they cannot catch certain species because of every and any excuse they can come up with (indians, DNR doing lousy work, cormorants, etc etc).  Ultimately it is their own lack of ethic and sportsmanship that weakens the image of utilizers of our fisheries resources.  To just discard that many fish becasue the fish were not good enough for these bums warrants the full attention of local law enforcement!

Offline fishslayer79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2011, 08:44 PM »
I agree Garhouse, it got under my skin a little, I just dont like to see wanton waste like that, its uncalled for.

Offline fishslayer79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2011, 08:46 PM »
I agree Garhouse, it got under my skin a little, I just dont like to see wanton waste like that, its uncalled for.
I will notify tribal conservation just to let them know , i usually see them down their quite often, plus i live next to one.

Offline Garshouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2011, 10:46 AM »
Any Updates on this issue??????? ???

Offline fishslayer79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2011, 09:42 PM »
A tribal officer was notified, they will be keeping an eye out, not much else they can do, no one seen who dumped the fish, but i guess this is not the first time, down by the smelt shacks they are finding lots of burbot, left by the smelt fisherman, man I dont know what these people are thinking, Id love to get me some burbot, good eating fish,  and officer also said its not uncommon to find the smaller (fats) lake trout left behind, just have to see the person(s) doing it, hopefully if one person gets ticketed, you will see this less often.

Offline Garshouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2011, 10:33 AM »
A tribal officer was notified, they will be keeping an eye out, not much else they can do, no one seen who dumped the fish, but i guess this is not the first time, down by the smelt shacks they are finding lots of burbot, left by the smelt fisherman, man I dont know what these people are thinking, Id love to get me some burbot, good eating fish,  and officer also said its not uncommon to find the smaller (fats) lake trout left behind, just have to see the person(s) doing it, hopefully if one person gets ticketed, you will see this less often.

Heard of a bunch of burbot being dumped out in the middle of the bay.  I wonder if that is a credible rumor?  Some people do that to feed the eagles now and then, but I hope it is not a bunch of wasted fish!  That would be unfortunate.  Burbot are such a cool fish!

Offline Garshouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Found more freakin burbot dumped near the Lighthouse.....where is the respect man!?!

Offline pullingills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2011, 09:21 PM »
i saw this trowing these fish on the ice he would be have fish in his mouth and comeing out his

Offline fishslayer79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2011, 09:43 PM »
wow, that disgusts me, i havent heard of any more fish being dumped, but damn, i dont get it, if u dont want it let it go, or at least give it to someone who will use it.

Offline fishtrap21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2011, 09:17 AM »
That's a shame >:( I'd be more than happy to smoke those. Hope they caught and lose it all. They don't deserve to be out there.

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 13, 2011, 07:37 AM »
If the lakers were the fats...grey fin nasty things go ahead and feed the seagulls with them!  As far as burbot....that's like throwing lobster tails all over the ice!   Anyone who would throw away a fresh water cod is a complete idiot in my book!         I wouldnt personally leave the nasty fat lake trout on the ice.....id give them to my buddy who traps for bait.       Those greasers are cross breeding with the macinaws.....should see how bad it is at stannard rock.  Catching beautiful orange fins and cut them open and the meat looks like pure white stinky nastyness!    Fortunelty I never run across any fishing out of maquette.....seems like there all north of marquette.

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 13, 2011, 11:48 AM »
ARN last year off of the lower harbor breakwall i caught a few fats in the fall. Havent seen that in my years of fishing out there. Now i dont like fats but i also believe in sportsmanship. If you catch and keep a fish put it to use. Weather it is eating or bait. It drives me nuts when people will pull up burbots and just throw them on the ice to "feed the gulls". If you dont want the fish throw it back. just my .02.

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #13 on: Mar 13, 2011, 01:50 PM »
If you catch and keep a fish put it to use. Weather it is eating or ait. It drives me nuts when people will pull up burbots and just throw them on the ice to "feed the gulls". If you dont want the fish throw it back. just my .02.

People that toss burbot/lawyer/cusk/lota lota are ignorant, in the true meaning of the word, in my opinion. 
Chris Raymond

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 13, 2011, 07:49 PM »
Yea.....didn't really mean feed the seagulls.     Just meant I've got no use for them and see them not benefitting the lake any so id rather see them get used for bait.     Burbot are some very neat fish!   Me and a buddy were talking about if I would of got my 39" monster burbot I caught a couple years ago mounted it would of scared kids and women!   They sure are a ugly fish.....but beautiful in there own way.  Tasty too!   Anyone have or seen a burbot mount?  Wonder if anyone has done it?

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2011, 08:35 AM »
Anyone have or seen a burbot mount?  Wonder if anyone has done it?

I've seen 1. Pretty sure it was at the bait shop in Chassell before he moved locations.

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2011, 10:26 AM »
I've seen 1. Pretty sure it was at the bait shop in Chassell before he moved locations.

Ya dan loyd has one mounted.

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 14, 2011, 10:45 AM »
That would make a cool mount!   They should be starting to pickup on lbdn.....gonna have start fishing for them.

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2011, 06:35 PM »
yeah the one that dan has in the baitshop is a big one!!!

Offline fishslayer79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2011, 09:07 PM »
yeah the burbot are a cool fish, i have been fishing them in 13 ft the last 3 days, able to watch them swim in and take the bait, pretty cool watching them strike, the way they swim, stumbled on to them by accident, i was fishing a little deeper and had a few steelies cruise by, they had came from the shallows, so i thought i would give it a try, man early in the morn did i see the smelt, lots of smelt, saturday thru today, i have caught 15 burbot. they seem to be abundant in shallow water rite now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.