Author Topic: Ice Fishing Club???  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Ziceman1

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing Club???
« on: Feb 08, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Hi all
     This is just a thought, but in view of some recent fishing habits of my fellow ice men I have formulated a plan.  How many of you would be interested in forming an Ice fishing club.  I am willing to take the lead on this one if there is enough interest.  I think it would be a great opportunity to educate fellow anglers + it would be a fun way to meet some of you guys, get the youngsters interested, put on fishing Derby's, etc...I am looking for all forms of input.  It could back fire and do nothing but educate the very violators we are trying to prevent.

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice Fishing Club???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2011, 11:42 AM »
its a good thought, this is just my limited opinion, um, the ice fishing season here does not last very long in my opinion here compared too eastern montana where i'm from, and there is limited water that is fishable for some of us, so getting a club going might be more of a mistake for the general fish population, especially the better anglers on here give there input and teach a thousand other morons how too catch big perch, trout, etc, which will have an impact on the populations down the road, but i'm all for getting SOME youngsters into ice fishing and teaching them techniques and good conservation of the particular perch trout populations, i.e. only take what you can eat. But I pretty sure I would be a member, so there is a limited yes for me....
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Brentster7189

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2011, 01:59 PM »
I think you have good intentions.  It's just the logistics of it all.  I am lucky to manage one trip every other weekend.  I agree on some entity managing all the ice derbies, and youth ice fishing events though so they don't conflict with each other, at least the ice derbies, I think the youth ice fishing days aren't a big of a deal cause those are usually local events.

Seems to me like the Idaho portion of Ice Shanty is pretty hopping really.  Has it always been this way or is it busier this year then in the past?

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Okay Guys, one thing we can keep in mind: An ice fishing club doesn't need to be restricted to just the ice season. I think most if not all of us are soft-water fanatics as well. Zice, I have been kicking around the same thoughts, but am way too busy to spearhead it. I would support you in organizing, operating or whaterver.

I have have to jam off to wrestling prac. for the little guy, but I'll be back on later to share some other thoughts...

Hogger

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Zack,
  Of course, I am ALL IN on this one!!! 

Jim

Brentster7189

« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2011, 09:54 PM »
Does sound like a cool idea though.  If the bass fisherman can have a club...why can't ice fisherman.

Offline jezzhuntin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:40 AM »
Friends are friends, pals are pals, but fishing clubs sleep together ROFLMAO   :woot::whistle:

Offline gillis11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2011, 11:50 AM »
I am game just let me know. I am always looking for an excuse to get my line wet.

Offline Iceflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never be late for. Church, Work, and Fishin.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2011, 03:23 PM »
Yer dang right I'd sign up for it. 

Offline fishslayerX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2011, 01:08 PM »
I am down, but am worried I am just too far north to meet up with you all. were do you live im in the panhandel almost need two clubs for ID :tipup:

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Actually, if we get enough guys interested we may need 3 or 4. North, Southwest, Eastern and southcentral (that almost sounds like L.A.)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.