Author Topic: Greenwood Lake  (Read 1245 times)

Offline acaravaglia

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those trout.
Greenwood Lake
« on: Feb 07, 2011, 08:51 PM »
Anybody ever catch anything through the ice on greenwood? I just can't seem to find the fish there. Go out several times a year, and always seem to come up empty.

Went out from the cove by the Castle Tavern (NY Side), fished about 8-12 feet of water with tip ups with med. shinners and also jigged. Not even a bite.

Anyboby have any words of advise for this lake?

???

Offline tomodell

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Greenwood Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2011, 04:38 AM »
Iwent there onco with my dad when I was about 10 (43 now). we parked on awosting side and walked out to northern tip of the big island were about 10 guys that day and everyone was hammering big pickeral. don't know if thats changed with weeds and now muskys in the lake. only time I remember fishing there

Offline tonyrad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Happiness is a big gut pile.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2011, 06:57 AM »
years back north of the of the shallow water there was great fishing for white perch when you could find them. when you found them you called everyone in and it was full buckets 2 fish at a time. this was in the deep water on the north end. If you see guys there and can get to them safely, take the walk and talk to people, you might get in on the hot fishing as well.

Offline geo315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • He is on his way.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Used to fish off of Moosehead lodge, years ago.  haven't fished there in years.  Still good?

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2011, 02:59 PM »
Winter carnival is this weekend as long as the ice holds. It should be a big party. Gotta get there early, fish a while ,then mosey over to the festivities at the Breezy :tipup: :tipup: ;D

Offline acaravaglia

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those trout.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:18 PM »
I usually hit up the festival. Unfortunately i'll be up in vermont this weekend. Good luck out there.

Offline Itsallaboutcatchingem

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:21 PM »
unfortunately or FORTUNATELY! :)
No, it's your turn!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.