The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: williamsport area  (Read 758 times)

Offline iafish

• IceShanty Rookie
williamsport area
« on: Feb 06, 2011, 03:49 PM »
jus moved out here yesterday and have no idea were to go around here, woundering ice conditions  and thinkness, any general tips will be a great help
thanks,
garrett

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
Re: williamsport area
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2011, 03:50 PM »
What state are you talking?

Offline iafish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2011, 03:52 PM »
PA

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Ok, got to the Pa reports and conditions and you will find a welth of ifno for lakes near you. Rose Valley is a local lake for you but can be tough to fish at times. Ask away, lots of guys will give you pointers and directions. Good luck

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2011, 04:10 PM »
how far do you want to drive from williamsport to fish.  within a half hour is rose valleye, the gut, white deer golf course, thomas's dam, and alot of other farm ponds.  within an hour there is hunters lake, lake chillisquaque.  and jsut over an hour away you can fish bald eagle state park (Blanchard Dam), Lake jean, and maybe even hamilton dam, nesmuck, and beechwood. 

those are just some of the more known ones in the area all you can do is get your self a map (i suggest a gazeteer) and look around. 

three of the tougher lakes have the best chance of getting big fish is rose valley, hunters, and lake chillisquaque.  I dont know why everybody says rose valleye is a tough lake ( i never had difficulties there)  but maybe it has chnged since i have been there. 

Good luck,

JM

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2011, 05:29 PM »
any time you wanna fish Blanchard dam, look me up, i'll show you around.

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2011, 03:41 AM »
your welcome to go along with me any time justask
i go bout every sat

Offline bjkaledas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2011, 05:21 PM »
how far do you want to drive from williamsport to fish.  within a half hour is rose valleye, the gut, white deer golf course, thomas's dam, and alot of other farm ponds.  within an hour there is hunters lake, lake chillisquaque.  and jsut over an hour away you can fish bald eagle state park (Blanchard Dam), Lake jean, and maybe even hamilton dam, nesmuck, and beechwood. 

those are just some of the more known ones in the area all you can do is get your self a map (i suggest a gazeteer) and look around. 

three of the tougher lakes have the best chance of getting big fish is rose valley, hunters, and lake chillisquaque.  I dont know why everybody says rose valleye is a tough lake ( i never had difficulties there)  but maybe it has chnged since i have been there. 

Good luck,

JM

Are the farm ponds you are referring to private?
I pull the weenie sled ...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.