Author Topic: Who's toughing it out tomorrow???  (Read 876 times)

Offline Bj1

• IceShanty Rookie
Who's toughing it out tomorrow???
« on: Feb 04, 2011, 05:51 PM »
anybody heading out? any reports of whats open? (as in lots plowed) going should be alittle tough but if you know where your going it should not be all that bad...right??? oh well lets here what got plowed out or any word on conditions...looking to go fishing somewhere....

Offline harpenter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Who's toughing it out tomorrow???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2011, 08:49 PM »
Not sure where you're at, but around the Quad Cities there's no plowing on the ice here.  Went out today with HND and trekked through mounds of snow drifts, and it was a PITA!

A bunch of us will be at Lake George tomorrow for the Loud Thunder / Croegarts ice fishing tourney.

Offline Bj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2011, 10:02 PM »
hey thanks, i bet it was PITA!!! your alittle south west of me but thanks again....

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2011, 11:45 AM »
Well I thought I'd be toughing it out today and then an unexpected snowstorm hit my area this morning. We were only supposed to get a dusting. Oh well, sometimes the best laid plans still can go array  >:( :(! I'll be looking at sneaking out mid week to beat some of the warm weather predicted to head our way...or so it is predicted  ;D!

ratsotail

Offline lightningz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:24 PM »
I was out today in N.E. Illinois and trudged thru 24"-30" of snow over slush. Usually I take the quad but today I couldn't get past the launch so I pulled the sled and walked. All it did was remind me of why I bought the quad to begin with.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:40 PM »
Oh what a great day. I caught fish where I thought they'd be. Water gushed out of holes snow up to 18 inches deep before drilling.
Trip in was killer.   
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2011, 09:03 PM »
After kids volleyball went to the big lake and caught two dink gills more ice in the cove than i thought there would be, so that is good. Need a snowmobile to get to another spot I would like to try, but I think I might just hike in. It will suck both ways but I gotta try!  Looking forward to thurs or fri cant wait to try a new lake!!
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline chopstyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2011, 09:07 AM »
 I went out , got a work out. Some of the smaller shallower ponds waterlogged, banged a hole the pressure
 from the snow shot the water straight up, back my luckly a-- out , luck i did'nt fall through.
 Moved to a deeper lake fished over 36' to 24' marked at 16' to 12' all dinks. 
 Was headed out this morning with acouple of us, all called off- snowing, superbowl ect
If you count holes, YOU MUST BE A ROOKIE!

Offline Bj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2011, 08:15 AM »
it's still going to be bad but with the 0 temps the slush might be freezing up...who's fishing??? better hit it hard this week because the way it looks next week could be a real mess with 40's coming....hmmmm where to go? where to go???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.