Author Topic: vex metal eyebolt bracket att.  (Read 751 times)

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
vex metal eyebolt bracket att.
« on: Feb 01, 2011, 08:26 PM »
My fl18 does not have an area/threads to screw in a metal eyebolt bracket like the fl22 has. I would rather get rid of the float. How easy would it be to drill a hole and fasten one to the plastic lip on mine. Can someone take a pic for me of how the threads attatch. Does the metal rod screw into plastic or is there a nut in behind?

Offline drake hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: vex metal gimbal bracket att.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Does your FL18 have a hard case?

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:21 AM »
when you say...."hard case"......I have a black holder and handle. I think they call it this the propack. Got a wee little dinky gimbal bracket with it. If i blew on the bracket im quite sure it would brake. Just want something stronger and longer without the float.

Offline drake hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2011, 11:04 AM »
I know I had seen it on this site where someone had a longer eyebolt that extended out to hold the transducer to eliminate the float.

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2011, 03:58 PM »
yeah...ive seen it too...but some of the vex's came with a hole and threads...mine (fl18) did not so i want to make one. Just about have it figured anyway. will post pics later.

Offline drake hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:08 PM »
Ok I thought the pro pack had a eyebolt on it already, wasn't sure.  My uncles does, my Genz pack does just need a longer one to get the vex away from the hole

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:12 PM »
If memory serves me right the original ProPack does not have the threaded hole for the eye bolt that holds the ducer. The newer ProPack II has 3 holes for the eye bolt though. The Genz pack has one hole and the Ultra has 3 I think. The eye bolt threads directly into the plastic, there is about a 1/2" of plastic that is threaded. On my Genz pack the threaded part is about 3/4" but I have a nut on the front and back of the eye to keep it from rotating.

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:34 PM »
   Here is what i did to my fl18 that did  not have a threaded area for an eyebolt. A regular headed bolt comes through from the back. I placed flat washers on either side of the plastic for re-enforcement. Had to take some metal off of the washer along the bottom edge. Found a nice long eye bolt at home depot. Only 1/4inch mind you. Wanted the long eyebolt..... Not wanting to get FISH SLIME on my new vex EH

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.