The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Eskimo auger problem  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Ja-Baby

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo auger problem
« on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:35 AM »
Hey all - our Eskimo auger (Z71 shark motor/ 10 inch) started leaking gear grease out of the power head while we were out this past weekend.  Of course we shut it down immediately, but I'm not sure who I can take it to for repair. 

Does anyone know of an auger repair shop in the Worcester county area?  Do you think that any small engine repair shop should be able to figure this out?  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
Re: Eskimo auger problem
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:42 AM »
They don't have a service list on line. You'll need to call and ask.

From Eskimo
Answer
Here at Eskimo we can service your equipment.  We also have a large network of certified service centers that can perform maintenance.  Please call customer service 1-800-345-6007 for a repair center near you.

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:56 AM »
Knowing where you live so we can give a suggestion
would help also.  Fill out your profile.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:35 AM »
You can use the recommended list or just any small engine repair shop should be able to do it...they're wicked simple little machines.

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:54 AM »
post it on the ice auger section. someone will tell you how to fix. sounds like a pretty simple fix

burp

lenz
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:04 PM »
Gear Grease out of the powerhead? There is no gear grease IN the power head. I suspect your talking about the gear box, below the Engine (powerhead). If that's the case, the first thing I would do is check the torque of the bolts that hold the gear case together. make sure they are all tight. Bottom line: if they are all tight, then ya, bring it to a place. I don't know anyone in worcester. I do it all myself....  (I have a couple jiffys on my work bench, waiting for me....  ;)

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline Ja-Baby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys.  I think we found a place in Leominster that has experience fixing augers, and specifically eskimos. 

I'm just glad it went out on us at the END of this weekend's trip!

Offline steepfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2011, 04:48 PM »
Onota Boat Livery (413)-442-1724.  They do all the repair work.  I know it's a long drive, but they are the only service dealer in the NE for both parts and service.

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2011, 06:35 PM »
I have an eskimo, had it for 4 years now, yes ,I would retorque the bolts but dint overtighten,also what i thought was gear oil ended up beingmy overrich fuel mixture flooding out of my carb.
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.