New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: big bay  (Read 511 times)

Offline fisHunter247

• IceShanty Rookie
big bay
« on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:51 PM »
i am looking to hit up big bay in the near future.  i was wondering where to access and any pointers if your willing to help. thanks!!!!!!!

also how's the walking conditions out there

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
Re: big bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2011, 08:03 PM »

there is 2 access points , one off kellar rd there is a municaple lot and a right of way , two big bay marina off camic rd . good ice all over the bay , some slushy spots and a foot of snow witch is mostly frozen . snow machines are doin fine wheelers are a no go . fish are everywhere in the bay but not allways active . be mobile and prepared to drill alot of holes till you find some biters and when you do drill 4 or more holes in the same area and hop its called the big bay shuffle . smaller jigs in orange or black have been best for me 2# line and a strike indicator are key as theyre hittin real light , im not much of a line wacher but the guys that are good at the drop and watchin the line are cleanin up . its a weedy bay so if you use a flasher find a more open spot or use a s cable . 8fow has been key for the bigger fish for me . good luck and be prepared theose gills are huge , but really pressured . stay till dark or after for some big ole slab crappies . hope this helps good luck :tipup:

Offline fisHunter247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:48 PM »
thank you much!!!! ill let you know how i do. if i ever get out after this storm we are supposed to have.

Offline fisHunter247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:06 PM »
how far of a walk is it usually out there?  will be tough walking with the snow we are supposed to get

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2011, 07:36 AM »

depends where ya wanna fish , it can be as short as 100 yards or as long as a half mile . walkin thru snow sucks and this blanket is gonna bring the slush out for good im afraid  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.