Author Topic: snow mobile broke trew at webster lake  (Read 679 times)

Offline kgupats

• IceShanty Rookie
snow mobile broke trew at webster lake
« on: Jan 29, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Listening to the scanner a snow mobile just went threw at webster lake in franklin not a good sign with the snow mobile drags tomorrow.  Becareful where ever your fishing went out today on winnisquam the same spot Ive been fishing there was 6" last weekend this weekend only 4" the water is slowly eating the ice away very scary Im not looking foward to the derby hope everyone is careful but I worry about the people who only fish the derby and just drive out on the ice and not check it.

Offline WetlinesNCocktails

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flaaaaaaaaag!
Re: snow mobile broke trew at webster lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I wasn't far from there today. 
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."   - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:58 AM »
FRANKLIN, N.H. -- Authorities said a snowmobiler who fell through ice on Webster Lake in Franklin is lucky to be alive.

Witnesses said a man snowmobiling with his family Saturday went through the ice around 7 p.m. Two people who were out ice fishing worked with the victim's family to pull him from the ice and help him warm up.

Authorities have not released the victim's name, but they said he is from the area. He declined medical treatment and went home with his family. The victim's relatives declined to comment to WMUR as they were leaving the lake.

The accident happened in the Sucker Brook area of Webster Lake, where thin ice is common, and the situation was made worse by heavy fog. New Hampshire Fish and Game said the fog made it harder for the snowmobilers to see the thin ice.

The victim is expected to be fine. His snowmobile is still at the bottom of the lake and will have to be towed out eventually.
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2011, 12:19 PM »
Gotta keep checking that ice thickness. I was very suprised to fish Massabesic yesterday and find maybe 10" of fairly clear ice with 6" of rotten ice on top of it. I expected to be drilling through 2-3' of ice with all this cold. Keep yourselves safe and keep checking that ice!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.