Author Topic: Aqua-vu scout or Atlantis AUW 503 drop cam  (Read 4929 times)

mr shiver

Aqua-vu scout or Atlantis AUW 503 drop cam
« on: Jan 08, 2005, 12:25 PM »
I am looking to buy one of these two models. Can anyone shed any light on the pro and cons of either one, And has any one run one of these behind a cannon ball during the summer? Is it even possible with this model?

Offline trimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Aqua-vu scout or Atlantis AUW 503 drop cam
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2005, 05:18 PM »
i,m also looking to buy one of these if any one has some in site as to which would be better i like to hear your input.

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2005, 06:44 PM »
Keep in mind, these are only my thoughts ??? ???

I bought an atlantis two years ago. A third grader could have done a better job of writing the owners manual, I mean the spelling, gramer, everything was hard to understand and lacking info.
I simply returned the unit after being unsatisfied with the results, but I have heard horror stories concerning thier customer service. I have also heard unconfirmed results that they are going out of business.

I think you will be better of with the aqua-view. Again, JUST MY THOUGHTS
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline trimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2005, 10:18 AM »
thanks for the input.Ordered an aquavu scout and had it overnigted should be here today.

Offline wormwigglr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2005, 05:16 PM »
you're goin to love that scout , i do mine.

bib brother

« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2005, 07:37 AM »
just make up something that will hold the cable, you can't do it while your fishing

Offline trimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2005, 06:29 PM »
Found that out today.Anyone have any ideas.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2005, 01:20 AM »
Hi Trimmer,
 What I would suggest to hold your line would be the ice pod, made by aqua-vu. It is an underwater camera cable holder that will work with all underwater cameras. It uses a tripod system, you just set the camera to the depth you want and click it in, the tripod sits right over the hole. If you want to get really technical and follow the fish easily, you can purchase the motorized ice pod, again made by aqua-vu. To view these products there web site is www.naturevisioninc.co m . I have an older model aqua-vu and the regular ice pod and they work well for me. You will be amazed what you will see, I sure am. I hope this helps, good fishing and enjoy. :tipup: :thumbsup:

Water Wolf

Offline wormwigglr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2005, 05:11 PM »
i just use the downviewing it's nice and no hassle of twisting and turning the cord

Offline trimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2005, 06:20 AM »
I rigged up a board with a notch in it for the cable and spring clamp for a stop.then just rotate the clamp to look around.Works good but i think i,ll get the tripod anyway.

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2005, 06:42 AM »
Ive had a Scout all season great cam for the money.My brother got an Atlantis in the end of Feb .First real trip out the camera leaked and he had to return it.His second one works but the picture quality is not as good as my scout.We hooked his camera to my monitor same thing the camera must not be as good.The monitors look like they are made by the same company.As for holding the cable two 10" pieces of 1x2 screwed together at one end slip the cable between them from the open end the pressure from the one screw holds it nice just set your depth and rotate the bords as needed. :tipup:
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline Madbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2005, 09:41 PM »
as my brother perchpuller stated I had the atlantis sports cam 1st one was a leaker  :-[ took it back to bass-pro no problem exchanging it  :) 2nd one the picture wasent even as good as the one that leaked :unsure: so went back to bass-pro now am a proud owner of a aqua-vu mc2x havent got to test it other than a quick dip in the lake but I think Im going to like it much better clearer picture better workmanship.The best part is got it on sale for 180.00 on sale from 250.00  :clap:
MADBOMBER ><))))))))))))))(*>

DR.TROUT

« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2005, 06:26 AM »
OOOO , were did you get it at the price??? ;D

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #13 on: Mar 19, 2005, 06:48 AM »
Madbomber got it at basspro in Auburn it was an unadvertised sale to clear inventory they only had a few left so it wasnt in the ad.At least he took my advice and ditched the Atlantis Aqua View is a better product. :oTold ya so ::) ;) :'(
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.