The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Looking for a bait shop  (Read 1628 times)

Offline dale7786

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking for a bait shop
« on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:38 PM »
I'm heading up to lackawanna state park this weekend and looking for a bait shop near by or on the way. I'm coming from south of there on 81.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Looking for a bait shop
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2011, 03:17 AM »
Pete's on rt 6 in chinchilla,you are most likely going to be on 81.I'm not sure on the exit number but look for signs for dickson city or viewmont mall,you can pick up 6 very easy there and its not really out of your way,pete will direct you on where to turn,I believe its south abington rd its a right hand turn off 6 and runs right into the park,you may find this way a little better way to go because theres plenty of stores,restaurants etc in case you need something,if your taking the turn pike you can pick up 6 but will have to go up the road(rt6)and turn around and come back the other way,I was hoping to hit the park today also but work has got me jammed up,hope these directions are of help to you and good luck,I do good in the area of the old bridge and in front of the pool is sometimes good for pan fish

Offline dale7786

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2011, 10:54 AM »
thanks a lot i just called them with doubts that they would be open on sundays or would be opening later than when i would be coming through, but to my surprise they are open 5am to 5pm which is perfect thanks

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2011, 10:54 PM »
I think the only day he is closed is tuesday,but I have got bait there even when he was closed, as long as he is home he will open up for you,he deserves a medal he's been there for as long as I can remember got to be 40 years or more,great guy.

Offline dale7786

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2011, 07:48 PM »
went there today he has a great selection of bait and tackle and is very friendly gave me asked him what people are catchin them on and he gave me 2 jigs on the house and they worked really well. prices were good too. he even gave me and my buddy lollipops for "when the fish aren't biting" haha all round great place and I will definitely be back 

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2011, 09:45 PM »
they dont come any better than pete,he has been at for a long long time and allways something for free when your leaving

Offline junebug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A jerk on one end, waiting for a jerk on the other
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:16 AM »
D&A Bait Route 6 in between Carbondale, and Waymart.  Well stocked, and good hours
If our father had had his way, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.”
― Norman Maclean

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2011, 05:18 PM »
I love going to Pete's even just to throw the bull.  He's the salt of the earth!  I go out of my way to get whatever I need.  There's always a free bait net, lollipops, and ALWAYS good advice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.