The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Thief at black sandy  (Read 2233 times)

Offline GOOSE_EGG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rip'n Lips [URL=http://s1208.photobucket.com/user/
Thief at black sandy
« on: Jan 28, 2011, 12:46 PM »
Me and a buddy where out night fishing off white sandy on Tuesday Jan 25 and i parked at black sandy and while fishing some ******* stole my G Loomis rod out of my car. Not to happy about this at all!!!!!!!!!! There was only one other rig there and it was a newer Blue Chevy diesel!!!! If anyone knows about this please please PM me. I have now lost all faith in humanity!!!! Never leave your rig unlocked!!!!!! Losers will take your stuff!!!

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
Re: Thief at black sandy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2011, 01:35 PM »
Sorry to hear that Goose,check the pawn shops in about a week and make sure you report it to the sheriffs office!

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Two summers ago I stopped at Wolf Creek on a return camping trip with my boys.We went fishing down the creek.When we returned someone had broke into our camper and stole all our camping gear and a rifle.
Thats to bad hope ya find them.
BBJ

Bullelk34

« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Man that sucks! I also hope you report it, when they caught the kids that were stealing all over town alot of people did get some of thier stuff back.
Black Sandy is rough man, we won't even camp there anymore because of the jerks that typically hang out and cause trouble there.

Offline fishjunkie

• IceShanty Rookie
  • tight lines and smoking reels
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:30 PM »
 that  really sucks  but  locks  only  keep out the honest people i sure  hope  that  you  can  get  your stuff back
early to bed early to  rise  fish like  hell and  make up lies

Offline fishjunkie

• IceShanty Rookie
  • tight lines and smoking reels
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:38 PM »
 a true  sportman you  don't  have  to  worry about it just  the low life  trash   that   goes  out  just  to steal or  trash our fishing spots
giving  the rest of  us bad  names  he dose  deserve  a good old fashion ass whoop in
early to bed early to  rise  fish like  hell and  make up lies

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:49 PM »
Fish farther away from great falls ;D ;D
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline luckyliver

• IceShanty Rookie
  • lucky to be fishing-alive
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:04 PM »
sorry to hear of your loss, i had a simaler event happen at lmr in the flathead years ago,cased rifle during a summer weekend, be sure to report it, enforcement will have to look at an area if there are continual reports. but there are still more good people than bad ones,so don't give up on the rest of us.L.L. formerly tooffless

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't sweat the small fish!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2011, 08:09 PM »
There will always be that kind of person in society. I give benefit of the doubt to most ppl of being honest and trustworthy. if things are stolen I don't dwell on it too much as that person must need it more than I do. Besides they surround themselves with the same type of scum and will always be in this downward spiral in life. It's not so much karma but a lifestyle choice that will haunt them forever - I pity these ppl. They just don't understand integrity.

Offline fish to live

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Im on the ice right now, or wishing i was
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2011, 09:45 PM »
sorry for your loss i know too well how it feels   :callcops:
Every one can go fishing, " not every one can catch fish

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2011, 10:31 PM »
sorry  to hear that i always leave mine unlocked but should probably lock er up.thank you  to all those awesome, honest people that parked next to me at lake mary ronan yesterday..

Offline eyefinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2011, 07:04 AM »
I've had similar things happen to me. Only thing that can settle me down is thinking to myself "They must have needed it worse than me" and what goes around comes around.

Good luck and lock your doors, these days it's a must !

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Karma!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2011, 11:20 AM »
 >:D Now thief must deal with all-powerful karma:
(1)  Stolen rod will not catch fish
(2)  Rod will snap 4" below tip during first use by thief
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline fish to live

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Im on the ice right now, or wishing i was
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2011, 11:30 AM »
I think we should set up a good trap at the parking lot, its kinda  a hot spot for thieves, might be the same guy taking our sh**, i think leave my truck unlock and put my vexlar on front seat or auger in back and then hide and fish for thieves ;D might be a waist of a good day but would love to see this happen  :thumbsup:
Every one can go fishing, " not every one can catch fish

Offline GOOSE_EGG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rip'n Lips [URL=http://s1208.photobucket.com/user/
« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2011, 01:56 AM »
There will always be that kind of person in society. I give benefit of the doubt to most ppl of being honest and trustworthy. if things are stolen I don't dwell on it too much as that person must need it more than I do. Besides they surround themselves with the same type of scum and will always be in this downward spiral in life. It's not so much karma but a lifestyle choice that will haunt them forever - I pity these ppl. They just don't understand integrity.

no way did he need it more than I. He drove new truck probably make more money than i sh** no i know he makes more money than me!

Offline diertae

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pinche Pescadooo!!!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:46 AM »
Its like Vincent said in Pulp Fiction. It would be worth him doin it, if i could have caught him doin it. I have never beat someone unconscious with a tipup but it seems like it would work just fine. F#*$ thieves.

Molon Labe

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2011, 06:47 PM »
No that is why you always carry your hand auger.  Not only is it back up in case your power auger dies, but it is the proper weight just in case you have to deliver a beating.

Offline rabbet79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:16 AM »
Report the thief to a Game warden, 2 years ago it happened to a buddy and I, some idiot checked our tip ups and stool everything we had on the end of our lines. We visited with some other folks and the same thing happened to them the week before. The Game wardens were going to set up a little sting with night spotting scopes they did catch some folks steeling or checking tip ups, late at night.

Offline BigSkyEyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:38 AM »
Thief almost got my brand new spare off of my trailer Saturday night at Black Sandy.  Only thing that saved me was the long bolts...he/she had the nut to within a 1/8" of getting it.  Sure would be nice to get a camera in the lot.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:41 AM »
sounds like it's time to get together to give some a** woopins
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline diertae

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pinche Pescadooo!!!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:12 AM »
game camera would probably do the trick, or an all night observation post manned by trained snipers with high power, long range, gas operated, air cooled, belt fed, fin stabilized, wire guided, thermal seeking, gps positioned paint ball guns!

Molon Labe

iceandwiskey

« Reply #21 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:15 AM »
I bet a well place shot from a potato gun could get a guys attention

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:15 AM »
I like the paint ball idea, send that sucker home all bruised and a thousand different colors. >:D :thumbsup:

iceandwiskey

« Reply #23 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:18 AM »
game camera would probably do the trick, or an all night observation post manned by trained snipers with high power, long range, gas operated, air cooled, belt fed, fin stabilized, wire guided, thermal seeking, gps positioned paint ball guns!
I just so happen to have one in design but I am having a problem with the gps system...

Offline diertae

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pinche Pescadooo!!!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:37 AM »
Someone who has been paintballed is easier for the authorities to pick up. How many people have had stuff stolen at Black Sandy? where exactly is it?

Molon Labe

Offline Cope23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:43 AM »
sounds like some meth head needed to get money for a fix, scumbags pukes.. would be nice to catch em in the act and snag em in the eye!

Offline ARMY1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Feb 06, 2011, 07:41 PM »
I feel your pain. I had a rifle stolen from my bedroom when I was a teenager. That and spending some time back East and in the South has made me a habitual door locker, house and cars. Hopefully enough reports will get the Sheriff's dept to do some patrols through that area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.