Author Topic: West Side Jan 27  (Read 917 times)

Offline wood99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • http://i63.tinypic.com/xoeceo.jpg
West Side Jan 27
« on: Jan 28, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Packed up and headed out to the big lake Thursday morning.  No truck today so we hiked it out from the end of CBR.  Set up in 9 FOW and gave'er a go around 8:30.  Didn't mark much but my buddy did managed to land 1 eater.  Decided to move and head a bit further out, found 12 FOW and tried again.  This time the flasher was pretty active marking a few fish, the first two were just lookers then the third nice red mark on the humminbird ended up on the ice....a chunky 26" Walter.  After a short lul in the action the bite was on!  The livetargets seemed to be irresistible for the next hour or so and we were able to land 8 more eaters in the range of 15-20".  At one point I caught a nice 20" and then dropped my LT back down the hole and before it reached the bottom, whap.....had another fish on!......happend once to me and once to my buddy.  Got nothing on our deadsticks all day.  Slowed right down around 1:30 and we packed it in. One of my better outting's on the lake in the past few weeks.  Was also great to fish outta the QF3 with no heat!  Wanted to get out today but its not looking good.

Some of the eaters:

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: West Side Jan 27
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2011, 11:29 AM »
Nice fish. I would say you had a pretty good day.

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Good job 99. Just goes to prove that one does not have to drive for miles to catch fish. I'm a big fan of walk ons when the conditions get tough :).

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2011, 01:40 PM »
great job, love when their on the Lt and Darters, there fun to catch that way!  And by you moving and finding them, just adds more proof, if your not catching, dont be afraid to move, it can be work, but can definately pay off!

Offline wood99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • http://i63.tinypic.com/xoeceo.jpg
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2011, 02:36 PM »
Just goes to prove that one does not have to drive for miles to catch fish. I'm a big fan of walk ons when the conditions get tough :).

Agreed! Best outting last year was a March walk on!

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Great job, looks like a nice fry! Pays to move around, and getting tough to drive out there!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.