The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Yesterdays snowfall. How much did you get??  (Read 1011 times)

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yesterdays snowfall. How much did you get??
« on: Jan 27, 2011, 05:32 PM »
We got about 16" here. Im not even looking forward to tredging through it to my favorite fishing spots :'( I was thinking further north :tipup:

Offline skipper4080

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Yesterdays snowfall. How much did you get??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Maybe 3" west of State College.
Never get excited there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is??

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2011, 06:18 PM »
about 3" wilkes barre area

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

ICE REBEL

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2011, 06:29 PM »
Your boy Tom Clark was saying we got almost 4"  :roflmao:

Offline comeonnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2011, 06:32 PM »
You guys are lucky,we got another 16-20" here in N.W. Rhode Island. Tough going on the ice :'(

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:22 AM »
You guys are lucky,we got another 16-20" here in N.W. Rhode Island. Tough going on the ice :'(
Im a snow lover, but what you got isnt good for the fishin conditions or the drag out! :-\

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2011, 01:09 PM »
In Bucks County my guess is we're somewhere between 20-24".  I cleared about 6" or so Wednesday afternoon when the first front stopped, then we got some "thundersnow" (thunder/lightning storm with snow) that dropped another 18" between Wednesday night and Thursday morning.  So much for global warming...

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2011, 03:49 PM »
In Bucks County my guess is we're somewhere between 20-24".  I cleared about 6" or so Wednesday afternoon when the first front stopped, then we got some "thundersnow" (thunder/lightning storm with snow) that dropped another 18" between Wednesday night and Thursday morning.  So much for global warming...
Holy cow, I'd hate to drag my gear thru all that  :'( somebody better talk to Al Gore  ;D
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2011, 03:56 PM »
I hear ya nepa, but forget dragging gear throught it - shovelling/snow blowing was even worse.  I think that's only the second time in my life I have ever seen thunder snow.  I counted four or five lightning strikes and a rolls of thunder.  It would have been pretty cool if not for the mountain of snow it left behind.  

Ya know, everything was just fine with the earth until Al Gore opened his considerable mouth... >:(  If he predicts global warming and then it snows like crazy for a few years, perhaps I can convince him to say bikini-clad women will never parade by my house on a daily basis.  I'd like to see how that works out  ;D

On a sadder note, I think all of this snow is going to ruin the ice down here for the rest of the season.  The ice was marginal to begin with after the last snow storm so I'm thinking all of this new wet stuff pressing down on the existing white ice will probably be the end of ice fishing this year in Bucks County.  

Oh well, guess I'll have to move further north if I want to fish the hard water again this year.  

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.