Author Topic: White Swan  (Read 480 times)

Offline old man of the sea

• Team IceShanty Regular
White Swan
« on: Jan 25, 2011, 06:12 PM »
My son and friends were out at White Swan last weekend and did well. Saturday morning my son caught 8 lakers up to 8 lbs. The friend in his shack did about the same. The evening went just as well. Has anyone else been doing well there?

Offline SaskWatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: White Swan
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2011, 06:52 PM »
I was up there for a quick check on the cabin. Didn't get out fishing but talking to the neighbours the fishing has been steady. 8lbs is a nice fish out of that lake. There has been bigger of course but the majority are around 2lbs..at least the ones I catch! What part of the lake were they fishing. I have my shack out from Block 14 but haven't had much time to use it.
We're heading out this weekend but usually go for Brook trout on Maistre but maybe if they are biting that good we better try our luck.
What were they using and how deep? From what I have gathered over the last few winters is that most people just use a jig head and minnow, fish it off the bottom. But depending on who you talk to they range from 20ft to 60 feet.
Not sure what time you guys were out fishing but the locals tend to head out early for a couple hours then back again around 4 for another couple hours. Myself, I've been pretty lucky right around midday, in 60ft of water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.