The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Camp Burle Pond Sullivan County  (Read 1631 times)

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
Camp Burle Pond Sullivan County
« on: Jan 25, 2011, 04:51 PM »
 Camp Burle Pond owned by Boy Scout, allow the fishing i always passed by on way hunting on slg 12  how was good fishing and how deep  i am sure there like bluegill perch bass and pickerel etc....

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Camp Burle Pond Sullivan County
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2011, 09:07 AM »
WHAT????? Are you asking if you can fish it ? Reread your post and see if it makes any sense to you.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2011, 02:07 PM »
I think you meant Camp Brule...near shunk, pa sullivan co...name of lake is stillwater lake...camped there yrs ago...dont know if you can fish it though...? is that what your post meant????

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:57 PM »
I think Rebel is correct.  There is a Camp Brule (pronounced BROO-LAY) in Sullivan County.  I camped there several times when I was a Boy Scout 20+ years ago.  We always did the trip in January or February.  Sledding, ice skating, ice hockey, football on a frozen lake with 18+ inches of snow, endless snowball fights followed by hot cocoa and a hot meal in a warm cabin with a group of friends - NOBODY ever missed that trip!  If I had been able to add ice fishing to that glorious list of activities, my Mom may have had to drag me away from that camp kicking and screaming...

I am not sure if they allow non-scouters to fish there, but I do remember fishing it as a kid with some pretty fair success in the open water but never through the ice.  There were pickerel, gills and perch plus it was stocked with trout.  Best option is to call the camp HQ and ask or better yet, get involved with a scout troop and offer to do a weekend workshop on ice fishing with a group of kids.  I'm sure it would be a weekend they'd never forget.  

Offline SuperX2Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Actually, the name of the Lake at Camp Brule is Elk Lake. I was a counselor for the 4-H campers there for a number of years, and had permission to ice fish the lake. The kiwanis club also holds a winter fest at Camp Brule and they have an ice fishing derby.

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2011, 06:59 PM »
thank, and  used to camp about 3 miles to elk lake  for 30 yrs i didnt fishing there and mostly burgress pond   yeah i heard ice fishing derby next month what i saw Sullivan Review Newspaper on ADS.   good or fair fishing

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2011, 06:58 AM »
you re right supernut...name is elk lake...I was thinking about the other boy scout camp in mt pocono...camp minsi..I believe the name of that lake was stillwater...as far as the derby at brule, when is it? any info?

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline SuperX2Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2011, 06:08 PM »
I don't know much about it. The last year I was home before I went back to school, the derby was cancelled due to poor ice. I think that would have been 2009. Check out the Sullivan Review.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.