Author Topic: Island Park Report  (Read 637 times)

Offline Lklingler

• IceShanty Rookie
Island Park Report
« on: Jan 25, 2011, 09:08 AM »
Fished 1/24 at the dam area broke off 2 very nice trout at the hole.  Landed three 2 lb Kokanee, and four smaller rainbows.

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Island Park Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2011, 09:12 AM »
Are you going again any time soon? Haven't been out this year on the ice. Don't have anyone to go with this year. Maybe we can hook up. I am in Driggs.
Arnold

Offline iceokie06

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2011, 09:26 AM »
How were ice levels and snow build up? Do you need a snowmobile to get anywhere productive?

Offline Lklingler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Went back to Island Park today 1/25 landed numerous 10 inch trout, one 2.5 lb Rainbow, and a sweet 3 lb 17 inch Kokanee.  If you want to travel anywhere on the lake I would say a snowmobile is a good idea.   The ice is weird, not much of an expert but lots of layers of slush and clear ice.  Makes me a little nervous, but we measured it by the dam and it was about 2 ft.  There is still a fair amount of slush standing on top of the ice, so make sure your boots can handle the water.  The slush has been capped with a two inch frozen layer that you brake through while walking, I try to walk in any snowmobile tracks because they are frozen solid.  On top of that frozen layer is a good 10 inches of snow.  Snowshoes would be sweet.  Also like I said the ice makes me nervous because I used a 8" hand auger and I could pound out a hole in under 45 sec. But fished all day and had no problems.  Snowmobiles were crossing it all day also.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.