The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: BLUEGILLS: 7-9"...Campbell Lake, Kent County, on 84th Street:  (Read 7410 times)

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta Love the Vexilar FL 18:
Hey Guys and Gals....

I have No Idea where to catch Pike, Specks, and Walleye...But, I've been going to Campbell Lake in Kent County on 84th street, and (I'm not bragging) I have Always gotten my limit of Nice Gills. No, Maybe not the largest, but nice good eaters. From 7-9" Gills. Yeah, the 9" gills are really nice, but most of them are around 7-8"..
I'm not interested in going to any other lake. I've been fishing Campbell Lake for over 25 years. I know where to catch them. And I'm going to tell all of you..

Bluegills: Many areas to choose from..
1.. Standing by the access, you can choose in the cove straight WEST. Good area in 15-25'
2..Standing by the access, Look North West...you'll see a Yellow House..Go in 15-20' of water there..Another good spot
3..PERCH: go out from Cushmans Boat Rental which is to the SOUTH..Go 80-90 Yards out..Nice Flat area and another good area for Perch.

Take this info: and I KNOW you'll see a guy out there with a Blue Ice Armor Suit, which on the Right Side of my Coat, my name..Stan DeJong will be on it. I'll be out there also w/ my Dave Genz Ice Shelter out there.

Good Luck.

Offline Tree Toad

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: BLUEGILLS: 7-9"...Campbell Lake, Kent County, on 84th Street:
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2011, 09:21 PM »
Thanks for the info. I will add it to the list of lake that I have to go to and deplete the keepers  :) :)

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2011, 09:24 PM »
OH MY GOSH HOW DARE YOU SAY THE NAME OF A LAKE! SHUN YOU!   :o

In reality glad you not afraid to share the info. It shows that you have confidence in yourself to catch fish. Nice job on the limits, keep up the good work man.
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta Love the Vexilar FL 18:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2011, 09:34 PM »
LOL Tree Toad...

Like I said...I've been fishing this lake for 25 Years...Twenty Five Years...and theres still Loads of Fish for Everyone...You won't outfish this lake..I've even talked w/ a young gent who just turned 88, and he said, He fished this lake w/ his Wife for M A N Y Years also..

Hope to see you out there..

You'll see my White Grand Cherokee with the License plate which has the (MICHIGAN STATE EMBLEM) on there...S then you'll see the T A N...or in other words, you'll see: ..... S T A N.......when you see this, come and find me...I won't be hiding...Just call for my name..

Offline pzoch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2011, 10:42 PM »
Thanks for the info Stan,I will have to try and make a trip back there.
I was there about 2 weeks ago we did o.k.had to do some sorting but
it looks like it would be hard to catch all the fish in the lake.
I will send you a message and hopefully we can meet sometime soon.

Offline TK81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2011, 10:52 PM »
You must be a young fella, Stan.  I used to get nice gills out of Campbell in the 60's.  My dad used to take me there in my youth.  So many other lakes in the area that I haven't been back since high school.

Go Spartans!

Offline blueyes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:50 AM »
You must be a young fella, Stan.  I used to get nice gills out of Campbell in the 60's.  My dad used to take me there in my youth.  So many other lakes in the area that I haven't been back since high school.

Go Spartans!
A young fella that has been fishing this lake for 25yrs....????? ???
                    hunting for Ole marble eyes

Offline hotnate24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2011, 09:36 AM »
I have gone here a couple of times in the summer. The thing is a soup bowl, never had much luck except one huge 23" Largemouth on my second cast. It is a beatiful spot. Have you ever had much luck on the south end by the creeks for any Predators?

Offline TK81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:54 AM »
A young fella that has been fishing this lake for 25yrs....????? ???

I was just thinking that he has only been going there for 25 years.  I remember the cane pole days back in 67 or 68 with my dad...so that lake and me go back about 43 yrs.  Good gills back then...good gills now.

Stan may be older than me, I just thought his post was funny when I thought about my first memories there.

Offline tazdevil300

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2011, 06:44 PM »
Nice post.You must be a really nice guy with all the good info.I might even try your lake some day.Thanks for the great post.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2011, 08:00 PM »
Good ol Stan!! Whatsup stranger??  Aint heard from you in awhile!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.