The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: valley quarrys in franklin co pa  (Read 1067 times)

Offline brown82

• Team IceShanty Regular
valley quarrys in franklin co pa
« on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:19 PM »
i was wondering if anyone on the site goes there to fish? when i stop today to get my permission slip at the office the lady said there has be alot of icefishing going on this year.i fished from 12 til 430 and did well on the crappies and blue gills and only found 2 perch most the time perch come easy there but not today.heading back up maybe sunday

Offline Team Disaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: valley quarrys in franklin co pa
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Brown are these the quarrys off route 997?  If so I didn't even know you needed permission.

Offline brown82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2011, 09:20 PM »
yeah they are the ones. they are some nice ponds to fish.yeah stop over at the little office and get a permission slip no cost just sign ur name they make a copy and give u one but if they check u and u dont have one they will not allow u to come back and if the fish commison stop and u dont have it they will give fine for not haveing written permission 3 guys got it last year while i was there.so do u go there at all?

Offline ghost_rider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:22 AM »
that's interesting.  I had heard about these ponds but figured they were private.  got any more info on the permission slips.  is the little shack right across the road from the ponds?

Offline brown82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2011, 05:35 PM »
that's interesting.  I had heard about these ponds but figured they were private.  got any more info on the permission slips.  is the little shack right across the road from the ponds?

yeah it is u have to get your slip on a week day when they are open and it is free. there is 2 ponds across the rd and some in behind the quarry.one thing about it make sure u have ur ice picks or something to get out if u go through quarrys have lots of springs and will be thin it in a spot the size of a beach ball or some may be alittle bigger if u fish across the rd the pond on the left is a good pond and never seen anyone go in that or any springs where through the ice but the one on the right has 3 springs the i know of and when i was up the last time the pond was locked up with a good 6 inch but to of the springs were still open.if u want hit me up and maybe we can meet up and go there

Offline ghost_rider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2011, 08:21 AM »
IDK springs kinda scare me.  we might hook up sometime but going through is not my idea of fun. 

Offline brown82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2011, 05:32 PM »
was up today and got 12 nice crappie all over 12 inch and 2 perch and like 7 or 8 lg mouth bass all bass were 10 to 12 inch seen 3 other guys fishing all in all it was a good day

Offline ghost_rider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2011, 05:33 PM »
ya talked me into trying it atleast.  I won't know when I can go till prob thursday night or friday morn.  but I would be game to hook up.

Offline brown82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2011, 06:19 PM »
k just pm when u can go id like to try the other lake a little heard there are some nice perch over there some guy today told me he use to catch nice ones over there but he wanted crappies

Offline conococheague

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2011, 06:30 AM »
Are these ponds near Williamson?  I have bought gravel from Valley Quarries and the location was on Quarry Road which is off of 995 or Warm Spring Road.  I live not far from there (outside Mercersburg) and would like to give it a try.  Just not certain that I'm thinking of the right location.  Thanks.

Conococheague

Offline brown82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2011, 01:30 PM »
Are these ponds near Williamson?  I have bought gravel from Valley Quarries and the location was on Quarry Road which is off of 995 or Warm Spring Road.  I live not far from there (outside Mercersburg) and would like to give it a try.  Just not certain that I'm thinking of the right location.  Thanks.

Conococheagu

no wrong ones these are on 997 or black gap rd the rd the chamberburg mall is on.just go out rt 30 till u get to 997 and turn left and it is like 150 yards down the rd

Offline conococheague

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Thanks Brown82. After i posted I looked up VQ on line and saw that have many locations and saw the one on 997 with several ponds nearby. I was hoping that it was the one in Williamson. There is a flooded quarry nearby but I'm not certain they allow access to it.  Maybe I'll stop by and ask.  Thanks again.

Conococheague

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.