Author Topic: Where should I go? (East Idaho)  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Krabby Paddie

• IceShanty Rookie
Where should I go? (East Idaho)
« on: Jan 19, 2011, 11:11 PM »
So I'm racking my brain on where to go this weekend as I have a four day free for all (which never happens).  I was thinking Ririe since I haven't hit it yet this year but than I heard it got sloppy MLK day with the warmer temps and the ice was getting marginal.  I was thinking maybe Island Park but the slushiness and depth of snow has me leery.  I was also thinking I'd just take my two little ones to Robert's pond to catch the puny perch.  Maybe Shelly Pond?  If I get the ok from wifey, I might make an all day trip to Mackay Res or even go to Hebgen.  Has anybody from SE Idaho fished the Narrows at Hebgen this year?  Sorry this was a sporadic post.

Somedbody steer me in some direction.
If it flies it dies....if it swims, lemon pepper and butter

Offline tightlines!

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Where should I go? (East Idaho)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2011, 09:38 AM »
I fished Roberts gravel pond last sat and couldn't keep the perch off.  None of them had any size, but my little guy had a blast.  Tiny pink jigs and nightcrawlers did the trick for us out there.

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2011, 03:41 PM »
I fished Shelley Pond a while back and it wasn't too bad.  I don't know how the ice is since then.  Only 2 trout but they were both over 16".  Lots of rough fish for the kids to catch if your looking to keep them busy.  I was told there can be decent perch in there too.  Havn't caught on though.

MNiceman
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Offline Krabby Paddie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2011, 09:54 PM »
thanks for the feedback.  I think I'm going to hit Ririe with my bro tomorrow and take the ankle biters to Roberts Saturday.  I was concerned the ice would be too sloppy but with two colder nights (my friend fished yesterday), the report I got was that its not too bad, just gotta go off the end of the dock.  I'll report tomorrow when I get back.
If it flies it dies....if it swims, lemon pepper and butter

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Yesterday they were driving 4 wheelers off the ramp onto the lake . The cold nights are doing there job . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2011, 11:10 PM »
i'm kinda liking the warm days and cold nights. makes for pleasant days and good ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.