Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Vexilar  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Hi Tech

• IceShanty Rookie
Vexilar
« on: Jan 18, 2011, 08:26 PM »
I just wanted to say I had a new Vexilar carry bag for my FL-20 that got a crack in the front plastic, so I called Vexilar and told them the new bag didn't hold up like the older blue ones I have for my other Vexilar's. They told me some of the first new bags had the wrong grade plastic and the problem is fixed and to mail them the bag for a replacement. I mailed off the bag and the new one arrived today so I opened it up and got my new bag, hats and stickers!!! My point is I'm a happy Vexilar customer!!! ;D

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Vexilar
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2011, 08:30 PM »
Glad your happy, I cant say nothing about the customer service for my equipment, never had to use it, to me thats the best kind.....

Offline JMJ IA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2011, 08:33 PM »
Good to see there are still some companies that will stand behind their products.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.  ~Author Unknown

Offline beerbellybob106

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2011, 08:34 PM »
I just wanted to say I had a new Vexilar carry bag for my FL-20 that got a crack in the front plastic, so I called Vexilar and told them the new bag didn't hold up like the older blue ones I have for my other Vexilar's. They told me some of the first new bags had the wrong grade plastic and the problem is fixed and to mail them the bag for a replacement. I mailed off the bag and the new one arrived today so I opened it up and got my new bag, hats and stickers!!! My point is I'm a happy Vexilar customer!!! ;D

had the same problem with mine sent it backt ehy sent me a new one with a hat and sticker then a couple weeks sent me another soft pack i dont know why but anyways the one they sent me cracked again but i left it on because i only use the case for travel purposes once i get to the ice i take it out

Offline cdt80

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2011, 10:23 PM »
I have the Vexilar cold snap bibs and jacket.  I had them for quite a while when the zipper went bad on my bibs.  On a whim I called Vexilar and told them the story.  They sent me a new set of bibs even before I sent my old ones back.  When the new ones came, the box had a UPS sticker for Vexilar to pay the return shipment of my old bibs.  Now that is customer service! 

Offline hotrod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2011, 10:33 AM »
Just more reasons why they are the best!  ;D
"I never go ice fishing without my Vexilar" ~Dave Genz
www.fishingwithtoddree d.com

Offline EyesMan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • spent most my life fishn rest have been wasted
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Does anyone know on the older fl8slt what transducer it came with, or was there a choice,I know the newer ones say it on the transducer ,just bought a used one to have so if someone comes with me they will have there own to use wrks great and seems like it picks up my jigs better than newer vex?? just curious what degree it is

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2011, 11:47 AM »
may be way off but i think its 12 maybe 9 but don't sound right to me. I really beleive its 12

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline old time jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2011, 02:16 PM »
Does anyone know on the older fl8slt what transducer it came with, or was there a choice,I know the newer ones say it on the transducer ,just bought a used one to have so if someone comes with me they will have there own to use wrks great and seems like it picks up my jigs better than newer vex?? just curious what degree it is
I just looked on my old fl8 it has 19 degree transducer
I would rather be fishing,wait i probably am!

Offline EyesMan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • spent most my life fishn rest have been wasted
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:35 PM »
thanks for the info guys

Offline lenny11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2011, 05:50 PM »
its a 19.  have the same one on mine. the manual says if u measure across the face of the transducer 19=1.5", 9=2.5". something like that.

Offline tonstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 13, 2011, 06:53 AM »
    I know how you feel I got my vexilar, and when it arived the depth decal was peeling off so I called up vexilar and the got me a new one the next day plus a hat.  I think that is great due to them being based in minnisota and me living in PA.

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Good to hear on the customer service. Ive had a Fl-18 for 7 or 8 yrs and all ive had to put in it is batteries.  Case is all beat up and cracked in a spot as she gets used almost everyday during the season.  Definetly has a rustic look to it.

Think they would still warranty my cracked case?

Offline MitchMeyers92

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO HAWKS!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 13, 2011, 11:12 PM »
Good to see there are still some companies that will stand behind their products.
I know, right? I have also heard great things about Marcum's customer service.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2011, 05:51 AM »
Customer service is what we like to hear. 

Offline CHICKENFOOT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2011, 06:10 AM »
I have to say, Marcum and Vexilar stand behind there products.I think Iceshanty helps too!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.