Author Topic: anderson ranch res.  (Read 1196 times)

Offline HARDTOP

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • MACK ATTACK
anderson ranch res.
« on: Jan 18, 2011, 04:45 PM »
does anyone ice fish anderson ranch res. i have heard there is lots of kokanee and nice trout also kok limite is 25 per day 50 in possession looks like it is the place to go but i have never heard of anyone ice fishing it any help?? thanks

Offline iwantabuggy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: anderson ranch res.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2011, 06:12 PM »
It is a good fishery, but doesn't form ice very well.  I don't believe we've had enough cold weather this year.  You'd probably have to bank yank it.  In years past, I'd watch it often when I was heading down to fish the south fork.  The most ice I've ever seen was one year there was ice most of the way to the dam.  If you go and do find ice, be very careful, and let us know what you find.
Keep your gun powder dry and your fishing hooks wet.

Offline HARDTOP

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • MACK ATTACK
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2011, 09:27 PM »
It is a good fishery, but doesn't form ice very well.  I don't believe we've had enough cold weather this year.  You'd probably have to bank yank it.  In years past, I'd watch it often when I was heading down to fish the south fork.  The most ice I've ever seen was one year there was ice most of the way to the dam.  If you go and do find ice, be very careful, and let us know what you find.
Thanks i had no idea about the lake at all this helps.

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2011, 03:51 PM »
I just moved from the Boise area.  And a little advice since you live in SE Idaho, save yourself the trip and just head to Ririe they are about the same size.  And it hardly ever freezes over.  Some might disagree with me one the size but the ones that I have caught are in the same range as Ririe.

MNiceman
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.