Author Topic: Fishing Lake Manitoba  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
Fishing Lake Manitoba
« on: Jan 03, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Finally got the film developed that was taken in March '04, right at the end of the ice season here in Manitoba.  That's not a dead body on the ice, it's son Perch Pounder trying to hand line some tulibee (ciscoes) that were cruising right below the ice.  They were picking off small water bugs.  His jigging wasn't successful.

Note the required extension on the auger, the ice depth including snow frozen with overflow was halfway up the extension.

Here's me with the smallest perch I caught all winter, it tried to take a minnow half it's size.  I released the scrappie little devil.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fishing Lake Manitoba
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2005, 10:12 PM »
Monster perch  ;D  You gotta like folks willing to have their picture taken with small fish and then post them...I caught my first bass this year in Oregon...it was about the same size, but I have no photos.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline chrisN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2005, 10:47 PM »
wow, that fish must of given you quite the fight.  Im surprised he didnt snap your line ;D  great pics monophil 8)
Team Manitoba

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2005, 04:43 AM »
Hey guy's that fish is a lot bigger then it looks it's just that mono is a huge beast of a man. ::) ::) ::) Very nice pics mono.  8) 8) 8) Perch pounder I thought you were trying to shove your head down the hole ;D ;D ;D hey to catch tullibee's I use a tiny jigging rapala with just the head of a salted minnow. I have caught 100's in an outing when they are in a school.. Mono/Perch pounder it llooks like you had a great time. take care guy's.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline The Rocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Had To Reach Way Down Inside
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2005, 08:14 AM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Hey Mono, are you gonna make that your pearch entry in the 05 tourney? ;D ;D ;D
I bet it was an awesome fight ;D Some anglers would have broken their line with that monster :o

I've used a shinner that was twice that size for Wiper bait :)
But it was still a great pic!

Rocket>

Offline northwind50°

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Great pics Mono, and great perch to... ;)
It's important to be patient in life. ice fishing is the better place to find it and learning the real thing...;)

Offline icebraker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont catch today? There is alway's tommorow!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2005, 12:21 PM »
Hey mono, I belive I have seen you guy's on the ice last year. The guy alone in your second picture, to the left, that is me, ICEBRAKER!!

Was nice to see you out there.
<'(()))<

grumpymoe

« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2005, 02:09 PM »
NIce shots Monophil.....what a great guy....posing with that frightened to death future trophy perch!!!!  icebraker??? i knew i had seen you before....i had a little trouble recognizing you from the pic though....your face isnt too clear and my reading glasses were smudged.... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:...great times on the hardwater...cant be beat....Grump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.