Author Topic: Tourny pic question?????  (Read 2151 times)

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
Tourny pic question?????
« on: Jan 02, 2005, 07:21 PM »
How do i take a picture of Me and the fish on the ice if i am fishing by myself.  Can i hold the fish and take a pic of me and the fish with it right by my face?  Or is a picture of myself with the fish at my house good enough.

JiggerMan

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

grumpymoe

Re: Tourny pic question?????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2005, 07:24 PM »
use the self timer mode....it should give you a delay of around 10 seconds...enough time to trip the shutter....and get into the pic....hope this helps....Grump ;D

Offline Tip-Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2005, 08:03 PM »
I know how to work a self timer. But........

I'm out on a wide open lake. What do I set my camera on? My toboggan? The ice? Am I expected to carry a tripod and set it up? What do I focus the camera on when I'm setting up the shot?  ::)

Aswell, up here in Canada it's likely to be way below subzero with probably a wind to boot.  I take a lot of care to release my fish unharmed and screwing around setting up a tripod in these conditions is going to result in a dead (or at the very least blind) trophy fish.

??? ??? ??? ???

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Grump I do not have a real camera.  I have a disposable camera..   I am saving up for a real camera that i can actually do something with. 

what do i do now????

Jiggerman

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2005, 08:24 PM »
These rules were put into place to help keep everyone on the up and up and to promote C&R. The rule is a pic of the angler and fish still on the ice ... not at the house. If you don't have a self timer style camera or a small tripod to place it on than the only alternative left is to have a buddy with you.
Tip-Up I purchased a small clamp style camera holder last season ..... it's called the "clamperpod" and I believe the site is clamperpod.com . You can clamp it on just about anything up to 1 1/2" and you can adjust the angle of the camera. It's about 4" long, 2" wide and weighs about an ounce. You can clamp it on a bucket, sled or just about anything. I can appreciate your concern for the quick release of the fish ... that's why I bought the clamp.
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Tip-Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2005, 08:39 PM »
What do I clamp it to?

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2005, 09:27 PM »
A bucket, an auger, etc.. I believe on the site they show many places it can be clamped on. Last year when I caught my musky if there hadn't been another ice fisherman on the ice I would have set the self timer and laid the camera on a bucket .... what else could I have done. That got me to thinking and that's when I started looking for a tri-pod. The clamppod worked out to be much better. The idea of the pic out on the ice is to promote catch and release as well as keep everything on the up and up. Believe me when I say I do admire your concern for the safe release of your catch.
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Tip-Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2005, 10:11 PM »
I understand........I remember what happened last year. It's an unfortunate situation when it's something that has to be done at all. :%$#!:

It's just that all that camera stuff is tough in the extreme cold that we get here. Pictures can be no fun for anybody (fish/people) when it's -25C, even with a photographer handy. Hands/fingers get too cold to function well. Trust me if I'm by myself and I've got to first set up and take the tape measure pic and then set up the camera on some sort of tripod or whatever and get a shot of me holding it....that fish is dead.

I think I'll pass and just release the thing if I'm alone.

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2005, 02:30 AM »
Kudos Tip-up!!! solo fishing and catching a trophy in sub-zero temps while following the rules just wont make for CPR......thats why I enjoy and spend almost all of my hardwater fishing in the shanty....we just dont get that many days up here unless its a flukey warm day......here's hoping that we get some of those while you visit your hotspots in March.....tightlines.. ..Grump ;D

Offline Aaron Wiebe

• IceShanty Rookie
  • walter
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Would a pic showing the angler and part of the fish (taken with an outstretched arm) not be acceptable?  ::)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2005, 08:19 AM »
Fellas just try to do the best you can with the photos and the CPR. Many times I would have love to have photographed a nice fish but have had no choice except to quickly release it because the weather was too harsh for the fish to be out of the water for very long.  If you plan on releasing the fish you may have to put it back with no photo. Taking the time to shoot some photos will have to be a judgement call on your part.

Take a friend, use your timer, setting your camera on a fipped bucket works fine for a stand, quickly ducking into a shack with the fish to take the photos.

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2005, 03:25 PM »
I layed my digital on the ice and set the self timer. As you can see in my laker entry, it works. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.