The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: bald eagle baracaded  (Read 1362 times)

Offline nailbender

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Beer tastes so much better on ice
bald eagle baracaded
« on: Jan 02, 2005, 07:08 PM »
went to put out the permanent out today and the landing was shut down i dont see why we have about 12 to 14 inches of ice anybody know the reasoning for this if so when will it be open.
If there was no ice I would shake the dice and see if my portable sled worked as a boat

frozntoes

Re: bald eagle baracaded
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2005, 10:09 AM »
They closed it because there were some cars that went through. Also there were way to meany kids driving unsafe.

Offline nailbender

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Beer tastes so much better on ice
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2005, 08:55 PM »
thanks for the info hope to get it out soon
If there was no ice I would shake the dice and see if my portable sled worked as a boat

ackotz

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2005, 09:56 AM »
I tried to reply to you on Sunday, but since I'm new on this forum (and it was the weekend) I didn't get authorization to log-on after I registered until Monday.

Apparently two vehicles went in out by the island. According to witnesses (from another fishing website)...the car that "went through", was about 30 feet south of the island right on the break of the south tip. They say the car did not "go through", but rather the car drove over a pressure ridge there and its front end went down, into the crack about a foot. The car was not submerged. The second car was an idiot who darn near plowed right into the first car and then he became stuck as well. Both cars have since been removed from the ice. Don't know if it is reopened yet...

Anyway, by now you're aware that the west access is the one being used...sorry I was late!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.