Author Topic: Silver Lake  (Read 881 times)

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Silver Lake
« on: Jan 16, 2011, 02:54 PM »
SLOPPY!!!!!!!
Got there and started fishing by 9am. Some spots were sloppy others were hard. Ice was 4.5" to 5" of black with snow and slush on top. I was fishing a Kodiak jig tipped with spikes. Couple feet off bottom. My buddy( Fishon) was jigging some kind of Hali and killing them. couple sunnys, bass and pickerel. I got me a couple sunnys. I was off my game today. I missed a couple. I had a blast. No vid or pics today. I was trying to find fish and hook them.

Offline 1fishon1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Silver Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2011, 03:25 PM »
good time metal...took a little to find the right lure but you picked up a couple  ;D well have to try there again with less snow and slush.
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetemp/language/www/US/CT/Newington.gif" alt="Click for Newington, Connecticut Forecast" border="0" height

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2011, 05:13 PM »
Glad you got out there metal, did you fish the same spot I told you about?  I couldn't get them to eat the hali there but the bass were suckers for the pimple (you know which color) and the northland forage fry jig. 

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2011, 07:30 PM »
I think I did!!!!!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Nice!  Was going to hit it up there today but fished hamlin instead.  New waterpump in jeep is good to go for long rides now I know its sealed up good.

Offline jdpsm3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:33 PM »
How is hamlins never fished it I live in new britain and wanna try it.  I usually go to silver and if Im up for the ride west twin.

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:58 PM »
Was wondering where you had been...Havnt heard from you in a few ;)
No, I mean I REALLY REALLY LOVE TO FISH!!!

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Here I am :P

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:34 PM »
hit it today, fished past the break on the left and caught a couple fish including a bass that coughed up some baby catfish quick jiggin trip, the slush is nasty at best some is hard some is only half hardened
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Thats the ticket.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2011, 07:26 AM »
How is hamlins never fished it I live in new britain and wanna try it.  I usually go to silver and if Im up for the ride west twin.

Sketchy ice.  You would think there would be 10" by now but no only 2"white 3" black.  Put a leg through yesterday on a weak spot.  Just doesn't feeze right there. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.