Author Topic: Chesterfield or Sportsmans Park  (Read 639 times)

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
Chesterfield or Sportsmans Park
« on: Jan 16, 2011, 01:18 PM »
Trying to decide which place to go tomorrow.  Anyone have reports from either place to help me decide?  Thanks

Offline HARDTOP

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • MACK ATTACK
Re: Chesterfield or Sportsmans Park
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2011, 07:45 PM »
went to a.f.today 3 groups at the dam(take cleats very slick)fished 3 hr. nothing nobody even go a bite so we went to sportmans 4 shanty's on the ice we fished 3 more hr. not even a bite we try-ed minnows/power bait/ meal worms/marshmellows /nightcrawlers/. slushy at sportmans.Good luck.

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:11 PM »
Thanks for the report.  The guys I was going to go with have backed out.  Might stay local and go to Lake Walcott.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:56 PM »
A friend and his son fished Sportsmans saturday and only caught 2 small perch and lost one nice rainbow at the hole . They said no one else was catching any , very slow . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2011, 09:50 AM »
sportsman's is a little slow until later in the year, i went last week and only caught a couple small perch. if i were you i would look around the other little bays in the area, we went exploring looking for perch, but found a bunch of beautiful trout (one was 5 1/2 lbs).  mother's day cove is good, but watch out for open water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.