Author Topic: tried 10 second perch cleaning!  (Read 3205 times)

Offline mr.bartender

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time spent wisely!
tried 10 second perch cleaning!
« on: Jan 15, 2011, 10:51 AM »
that is slick as all get out! i fillet most of the time but have done bone in occassionally. most folks don't like old school of bone in!
i have enjoyed alot of things in life,but none as much as ice fishing!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: tried 10 second perch cleaning!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2011, 01:55 PM »
My whole family was bone in and skin on until we learned how to fillet. I have seen that video and will have to try that sometime and I would imagine it would work on smaller Walleyes also.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline IceKing4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • How Ya' Hittin' 'Em Fishing Club
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2011, 02:01 PM »
I don't see why it wouldn't work on a walleye. They're pretty simalar fish... Same family and all... That video is pretty amazing though.

Offline mr.bartender

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time spent wisely!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2011, 02:34 PM »
I don't see why it wouldn't work on a walleye. They're pretty simalar fish... Same family and all... That video is pretty amazing though.
i did 4 8-9" perch and the first was perfect! just don't go too deep with the cuts along the spine. meat lays right off the bone after cooking. i always make sure to fillet for the kids!
i have enjoyed alot of things in life,but none as much as ice fishing!

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2011, 04:00 PM »
I like the way it takes that guy 2 minutes to clean a Perch in 10 seconds in that video. ::)

I cook all my panfish under 10" with skin on and bone in. I love the crispy skin and I nibble on the crispy fins and tail too!

I grew up eating panfish with skin on and bone in, just remember to chew your food and not gulp it down whole like a dog would do. :P If you accidently get a bone, you'll feel it while chewing... unless you try to gulp it down whole like a dog!

If you know the anatomy of a fish, you know how to pick around the bones.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline walleyeslayer1978

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Walleye Gods are angry, that's why.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2011, 10:42 PM »
I tried this tonight on some perch. It works good, but takes way longer than ten seconds.  I'm sure i could filet them faster.
Still counting.....

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:50 PM »
I tried this tonight on some perch. It works good, but takes way longer than ten seconds.  I'm sure i could fillet them faster.

my dad use to clean them that way until  filleting came into the picture , then he could push them down faster , I can fillet them quicker each to their own ,got a bud that prefers them bone in also

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.