Author Topic: Favorite Line  (Read 515 times)

Offline IceDrisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Favorite Line
« on: Jan 14, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Just wondering what your favorite lines are to use? I have been using the Trilene Cold Weather but I'm not sold on the 'electric blue' color. I recently bought some of the Fireline Fused micro ice line - you're supposed to nail knot it to mono backing, seems kind of like over kill for ice fishing... thoughts?

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Favorite Line
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2011, 09:42 PM »
we use the 6 lb. fireline for rainbows, very strong, landed a 14 lb. laker on it, only bad thing i can say is its is quite hard to cut for when you want to swith lures. I find a pellemar knot works best with this.

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2011, 09:45 PM »
I use floro carbon ice line 10 lb test but has a 6 lb diameter and is virtually invisible in water. I used the Trilene Cold Weather line and it was alright but floro carbon has no stretch and very sensitive. Is this Fireline braided line? I found that the braided line is awesome other than the fact it soaks up excess water and freezes up the reel and eyelets quicker IMHO.

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2011, 10:27 PM »
I use various braids on various lines,  everything from 6 pound test up to 20 pound,  my favorite braid is Stren Super Braid in 10 pound test,  its very strong and limp, not stiff and waxie like some braids,  my second fav is Ugly Braid, and 3rd fav is Spider Wire,   various rods have Berkley Vanish Floro-carbon as leaders attached to the braid when I fish species that are line shy.    Hope that helps   ;)

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.