Author Topic: Funny thing in magazine article  (Read 441 times)

Offline petrgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Funny thing in magazine article
« on: Jan 14, 2011, 11:44 AM »
Let me start by saying I love reading New England Game & Fish but something in the Feb 2011 issue made me laugh.  They have an artice "36 Great Fishing Trips in New England" and they list 3 trips for each month.  In March they have a trip Rainbow Trout. Carbuncle Pond RI.  Now they cover themselves by saying check your local regulations but c'mon, you can't take trout during March. In fact the first regulation in the abstract says the waters are actually closed to any kind of fishing.  It's funny that they'd list this as a trip then say check the regulations but then not check themselves.  Still a good magazine in my opinion though.

And speaking of regs. where the heck has BaitWrangler been?  Anyone hear from him lately, I know he was laid up but thought he was going to try and get out there.

1.1 The open season on all species of trout, salmon, and charr shall close annually
on the last day of February at midnight and shall commence at 6:00 AM on the
second Saturday in April annually. From the second Saturday in April through
November 30th annually, the daily creel and possession limits for trout shall be
five (5) fish; and from December 1st through the last day in February, annually, the
daily creel and possession limits for trout shall be two (2) fish. All designated trout
waters (see 1.14) shall be closed to all fishing from the last day of February at
midnight and shall commence at 6:00 AM on the second Saturday in April
annually, unless otherwise designated.
Possession of trout, salmon, or charr
taken from any waters of the state during the closure shall be prohibited.

Offline BobWhite

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Funny thing in magazine article
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2011, 06:01 PM »
They messed up the opening day date for pheasant in RI a few years back it made a lot of guys made mad they said it was a week later so if you waited mid week to buy your licence you already missed it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.