Author Topic: Central Idaho Ice  (Read 871 times)

Brentster7189

Central Idaho Ice
« on: Jan 13, 2011, 05:38 PM »
I read today in the paper that the road to Horsethief was only plowed to within a half mile of the lake.  Can anyone confirm this is still the case?

Looks like it might be a wet mess up around Cascade & Horsethief this weekend with the rain/snow mix.  Has anyone been up there fishing the later part of this week, yesterday or today?

Oh ya, my first post...I've just been lurking till now.  Great forum!  Go Team Idaho!

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Central Idaho Ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2011, 06:02 PM »
they are plowing the road from warm springs rd to the the east of the lake where there are some houses. the road straight to the YMCA camp is not being plowed. You can access the lake from the east side but its about a 1/4 mile walk in or head down the YMCA road which is a good 1/2 mile.

Offline idtrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Woodland is correct in his post, I was up there last weekend to fish Horsethief, but was unwilling to walk in. I did  drive around to the east side but was stopped because there was a large gate which blocked the road, so I turned around and came back out. I had never been to the east side before but when we stopped at the gate the lake seemed like a long ways away.

Brentster7189

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2011, 11:55 PM »
I do remember last year they had plowed the road all the way to the dam, it was a little later in the season.  Maybe have to try it on Cascade if it's not too slushy.  Magic sounds promising for trout, but that's quite a haul for a one day trip.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2011, 12:16 PM »
Horsethief is very hot for trout!!! I'm thinking if I had the $ I'd hire a snow plow to take care of the road up to the last day use parking area. Not sure how much a contractor would charge but if I had the money I'd pay it...

Cascade has been slushy under the snow for weeks now and will be worse w/ above freezing temps and rain but eventually with the return of freezing temps it should get solid and be better....

Hogger

Brentster7189

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2011, 02:22 PM »
Is anyone taking any pictures, or are you posting them over in the main pictures thread?  Just curious, would be nice to see some pictures of the conditions and those lunkers your catching...also putting some faces to some names in case we cross paths out there on the snowy tundra.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.