Author Topic: WHO has the best PRICE for ARTIC ARMOUR ??  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Proud Gawker of the BIKINI ICE FISHING TEAM !!
WHO has the best PRICE for ARTIC ARMOUR ??
« on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:40 PM »
Any Dealers out there with an HONEST DEAL ???

After all thats why they are CALLED dealers...

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
Re: WHO has the best PRICE for ARTIC ARMOUR ??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:47 PM »
I think you will find that all of the "dealers" offer the same price and "free gloves" deal.  I was told it was set by the manufacturer as a "suggested minimum price". 
It may come down when Frabill offers their floating suit next year and there is more competition.

THAT SAID: I just got one this year and it is a great suit, comfortable, very warm, and of course....it floats.

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2011, 09:16 PM »
...It may come down when Frabill offers their floating suit next year and there is more competition....

What what?  Frabil floating suit next season?  Tell me more!  I seem to have put on a few pounds over the last few years and the Ice Armor is getting a bit snug!

Tell me more about this Frabil floating suit.  Better start a new thread.

Sorry Arctic Armor.  I"m curious about the Frabil stuff.

Q

Offline bosco2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2011, 09:44 PM »
If you're not worried about making a fashion statement while ice fishing then you can get the Green Bay Packers colors bib and jacket combo for $269. Very significant savings. I bought it last year and I'm very happy. It seemed like alot at the time but 2 weeks ago I went out with the Mrs. to get ski jackets and I almost puked when I saw North Face jackets for $200 and Spider for $250.....just for a jacket. It really made my AA suit seem like a bargain after that.  After looking around I did find a Columbia ski jacket for $99 though ;) 

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2011, 04:21 AM »
If you're not worried about making a fashion statement while ice fishing then you can get the Green Bay Packers colors bib and jacket combo for $269. Very significant savings. I bought it last year and I'm very happy. It seemed like alot at the time but 2 weeks ago I went out with the Mrs. to get ski jackets and I almost puked when I saw North Face jackets for $200 and Spider for $250.....just for a jacket. It really made my AA suit seem like a bargain after that.  After looking around I did find a Columbia ski jacket for $99 though ;) 

I got that suit as well, I just call it my John Deere suit. ;)

It's actually the Arctic Armor Plus suit with the brushed Tricot lining.

http://www.idigear.com/aagreen-yellow.php
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline NJ PIKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Huntin 4 Forties
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2011, 04:39 AM »
green + or camo   $339 free shipping and gloves
is the best deal I found at a number of places
$20 less for red or black suit

the only better deal was the green bay version from the factory
don,t know if it was free shipping and gloves though
the color wasn't an option for me :tipup:

Big BAIT :tipup: Big ESOX                                                                   <><      }*)))))))))))))))))))><{

Offline Shoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2011, 09:41 AM »
I have the Green...um...John Deere suit.  It does make a statement.  People have no trouble locating me on the ice so it does have its advantages.  These are my high school colors, too.  It was a no brainer because of the price.  Some of my cohorts have the camo and the Santa Clause colors...but I guess they aren't as cheap as myself.  These are very nice suits, by-the-way.

s

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2011, 10:00 AM »
Dicky's insulated bib overalls $49 you can spray on some silicon water proofing spray once in a while if necessary, then I riveted on big patches of thick rubber 12" x 9" from a big truck tire inner-tube over both knees. Wear any jacket of your choice depending on how warm or cold it is out. I already have several warm jackets for deer hunting, and snowmobiling, but I don't want to wear the knee's out of my good snowmobile bibs. Then you can spend your money left over on some good Under Armour long underwear.

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2011, 10:06 AM »
What what?  Frabil floating suit next season?  Tell me more!  I seem to have put on a few pounds over the last few years and the Ice Armor is getting a bit snug!

That was the scuttle I heard from a Frabil rep at the Syracuse show this year.....nothing confirmed from PR.  I am sure some factory in China is churning them out by the thousands as we speak....

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2011, 02:22 PM »
Dicky's insulated bib overalls $49 you can spray on some silicon water proofing spray once in a while if necessary, then I riveted on big patches of thick rubber 12" x 9" from a big truck tire inner-tube over both knees. Wear any jacket of your choice depending on how warm or cold it is out. I already have several warm jackets for deer hunting, and snowmobiling, but I don't want to wear the knee's out of my good snowmobile bibs. Then you can spend your money left over on some good Under Armour long underwear.

Yea but it won't float your butt if you go through the ice!  Try Troy at http://www.blindhunterssupply.com/

I have bought several different pieces from him and it was the best price I could find.

Offline knotreelly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2011, 02:28 PM »
i have the aa green bay edition, love it, people see me on the ice, i'm the one waving the $115 i saved. pays for my bait for the next few years. john

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Why was the thread about floatation suits? Or best price.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2011, 02:35 PM »

You may want to reread the thread title. ::)
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:09 PM »
Carharts / Dicky's and a stearns life vest would do just fine if you were on thin ice, which is only a fraction of the season for most in the northern states, yesterday I drove my F150 towing a Bobcat trailer across the lake with my ice shack on it. Min. of 15 inches ice. But if you want to look like a catalog yuppie wanna be cookie cutter ice fisherman go for it. Leave the price tag on it also for better looks.
Sorry I'm just a cheap ass.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Carharts / Dicky's and a stearns life vest would do just fine if you were on thin ice, which is only a fraction of the season for most in the northern states, yesterday I drove my F150 towing a Bobcat trailer across the lake with my ice shack on it. Min. of 15 inches ice. But if you want to look like a catalog yuppie wanna be cookie cutter ice fisherman go for it. Leave the price tag on it also for better looks.
Sorry I'm just a cheap ass.

If you'll try one of these suits on, you'll see what all the hub-bub is about. They're very light, comfortable, and WARM... and have enough floatation to float 3 adults, so that makes them Safe too. The $300 for one of these suits is a mere pittance for my safety and comfort!

Offline Hippie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:58 PM »
Plus they don't absorb water & start warming you back up after getting out of the drink.  :)

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Proud Gawker of the BIKINI ICE FISHING TEAM !!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2011, 08:54 PM »

The thread in question was in regards to the best price for this floatation suit.... I also was looking at cheaper suits BUT the saftey of floataion could be priceless.

Offline Hobo Hilton

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If it's FISHABLE or HUNTABLE, It's ME
« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2011, 07:18 AM »
Fish 307 is a Dealer, is where I got Mine, don't buy fakes.  Ask Hooter,about IDI ARTIC ARMOUR, it saved him.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.