Author Topic: Another interference question  (Read 487 times)

Offline jmillsp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Another interference question
« on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:40 AM »
I finally got on the ice for the first time this season with my new Vex 22HD. I do like the unit! I am not real fond of how you have to read the various depths. Seems a little confusing to me compared to my 18 or 8 that I had.
The issue I thought you might be able to help me with is related to fishing in the general proximity of the 18 and 8. We were on the ice yesterday, 3 or us. All using one of my old units and my new 22. The guy that was using my old 8 was having the most problems, I think, the 18 wasn't the best and neither was my 22. I tried changing frequecies on the 22 and then tried on the 18 but with all 3 together, we could never get everyone happy. Maybe it will be easier with 2 finders but with 3, we had some issues. Got any ideas how to resolve the interference next time? I will add that we all pulled are ducers up as high as we could get them and the ice thickness was only about 10 inches.
KeepfishN4fun

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Another interference question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2011, 11:17 AM »
There's more interference problem in deeper water and harder bottoms.  I do find that sometimes pulling the trandsucer up high into the ice hole or extending it far down over a two feet under bottom of ice hole makes some difference.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.