Author Topic: New Boots  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Yadyreve

• IceShanty Rookie
New Boots
« on: Jan 11, 2011, 05:29 AM »
Anyone have any suggestions for some good waterproof ice fishing boots??

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Re: New Boots
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2011, 05:45 AM »
All Beans Maine hunting pac boot.  15 years old and still warm and waterproof.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2011, 05:55 AM »
I bought a pair of Gear Guide 2400 Grams of thinsulate boots at sportsmanswarehouse.co m for $89.00 and love them . -20 and my feet didn't get cold . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2011, 05:56 AM »
I make snow for a liveing,been doing it for 19 years and I have tryed alot of boots over the years and the boots I wear are 1000 gram Irish Setters,I can wear them in the truck or be in a warm building and when I go back outside my feet stay nice and warm,some boots will make your feet sweat if your where its warm and then when you go out in the cold your feet get cold fast.most pack boots will make your feet sweat if your inside

Offline Moose416

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Take What You Need....Leave the Rest for Seed"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:05 AM »
Spend all the cash you want on new style boots.......I fish with one pair of socks and never had cold feet. Fished in Northern Ontario, Minnesota....all the coldest of places and my Mickey Mouse boots keep you warm and absolute dry.  Make sure they are made by Beta and you are good to go.  These boots are made so that even if you get water or snow in them (by means of the top) they will still keep your feet warm.  I used to buy these by the thousands across the U.S. from different government locations and supply many, many tackle stores with them. You can find some on eBay for less than $50.  JMO  Jake

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:15 AM »
I love my Cabelas Predator Extreme Pac Boots.  Never had wet feet, and they are warm.

-Jeff

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:29 AM »
Just bought a pair of muck artic sports. Very warm and dry. 100$ gets it done.

Offline Panfish Popper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Won't, go fishing without my VEXILAR
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:39 AM »
mickey mouse boots all the way. only need 1 pair of socks for just about any weather you will encounter on the ice
First time ever having a good day!

Offline volume4130

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:43 AM »
I just got a pair of Sorel Glacier pac boots...rated to -100...They're pretty awesome.

Offline Bullett21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:50 AM »
Like one poster said, you're not going to find a pair of boots that are good for everything. Boots made for hunting are not going to keep you warm on the ice. They are designed to do their job while you are hiking through the woods as opposed to sitting still. For a good pair of sitting still for hours on end  sitting on the ice boots, look no further than Baffin. Yea, your feet and lower legs will get a bit sweaty on the long hike out to your spot but thats where a good sock layering system comes in. Get a nice pair of moisture wicking base layer socks (armorwear) to keep your feet dry followed by an absorbant outer layer to protect your boot liners from getting stinky. Heavy socks are not at all necessary. Zappos.com has good deals on Baffin's. Go to Baffin's website and research their different models then buy them on Zappos. Boot technology has come a long way, I laugh when I think of the steel shank rubber felt lined boots I wore as a kid. No wonder my feet were always cold, I was standing on a cold piece of steel!

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:00 AM »
Good advice Bullett21. The sock makes a lot of difference. Even 200 dollar boots won't keep you warm if your socks don't wick moisture away from the foot. I wear smart wools. Along with my Ranger boot, my feet stay warm and dry.

Offline huletts1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:19 AM »
Bunny boots/Mickey boots are the best you'll find
He'll be back

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:54 AM »
I'm buying Baffin boot for my girlfriend and I this year, they look real good for the money.

Offline Celt6

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:14 AM »
I dont ever get cold feet, I just bought some Kamicks -40, whear merino wool socks, previously I had a knokoff version boots from Wallymart, never had a problem with them after 7 Years... I have Hunting boots 1200, they are simply to warm on the ice, but not too warm when I hunt? i dont get it.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2011, 09:10 AM »
CABELAS PREDATOR EXTREME OR CABELAS INFERNO BOOTS,I HAVE THE PREDATOR AND MY BRO HAS THE INFERNO NEITHER OF US HAVE HAD COLD OR WET FEET.

Offline Basstastic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2011, 02:02 PM »
I got the arctic sport hight muck boot from the link above the site an have no complaints, all I wear is one pair of hunting socks underneath them and my feet never get cold

Offline fishingfreak9625

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:30 PM »
there are two boots that i recommend one being the cablelas infernos. 200 grams of insualtion and you will never get wet feet. Secondly i woud look at the baffins a little more bulky but also are a very nice boot. i have both of these boots ad would recommend these to anyone. Along with a good sock system you will never have cold, wet feet again good luck with you search

Offline icemantwo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:25 PM »
Spend all the cash you want on new style boots.......I fish with one pair of socks and never had cold feet. Fished in Northern Ontario, Minnesota....all the coldest of places and my Mickey Mouse boots keep you warm and absolute dry.  Make sure they are made by Beta and you are good to go.  These boots are made so that even if you get water or snow in them (by means of the top) they will still keep your feet warm.  I used to buy these by the thousands across the U.S. from different government locations and supply many, many tackle stores with them. You can find some on eBay for less than $50.  JMO  Jake
X2 Mickeys are the best you can get and for cheap.  My dad has had the same pair for almost 20 years and are still like the day he bought them.
A day without fishing is a day wasted.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2011, 01:50 AM »
Sportsmans Warehouse has the Micky Boots on sale for $39.95 Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline amcmullen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I may be obsessed...
« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:21 PM »
Sportsmans Warehouse has the Micky Boots on sale for $39.95 Curt G.

Curt.
I've looked and couldn't find them.  I even searched for "mickey" and "micky"
I'm cold and I like it

Offline tbfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH SAFE FOR YOUR LOVED ONES
« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Curt.
I've looked and couldn't find them.  I even searched for "mickey" and "micky"

You'll find them on EBAY under the heading "Mickey Mouse Boots"

Bob
Fish Safe For Your Loved Ones

Offline amcmullen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I may be obsessed...
« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2011, 12:06 AM »
You'll find them on EBAY under the heading "Mickey Mouse Boots"

Bob

Oh yeah,....lots of em,  I love E-bay

Thanks Bob,
Andrew
I'm cold and I like it

Offline tbfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH SAFE FOR YOUR LOVED ONES
« Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2011, 12:15 AM »
Oh yeah,....lots of em,  I love E-bay

Thanks Bob,
Andrew

Your welcome Andrew.
They say the White ones are warmer then the Black ones......I have the Black ones and my feet have never been cold and I live in
Thunder Bay Ontario Canada.
Bob
Fish Safe For Your Loved Ones

Offline Icecubejunky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 14, 2011, 02:38 PM »
Cabelas trans-Alaska lll PAC boots.. Stay warm n dry no worries... Wouldn't trade them for any other....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.