Author Topic: Willow Slough Reports  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Dahouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
Willow Slough Reports
« on: Jan 08, 2011, 10:56 AM »
Hey Guys,
 Anything new at the Slough ? Haven't been out there for the last three days since the bite slowed down. Did the bite pick up yet ? Gonna go out tomorrow morning and try to get a few Gills. Tight lines to all. :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline macchia182

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Willow Slough Reports
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2011, 11:03 AM »
Went out this morning before daylight.  Actually had a good day for a change.  Ended up catching a total of 16 fish in just under 2 hours.  11 keeper gills (8 of them were 7" to 8" and 3 were 10" or better).  Of course I caught 4 dinks.  Ended up with 1 bass 12" on the tip up.  Not too bad considering the slow up we've had the last week or so.  Anybody else have any luck?   

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Seen some nice  gills come from the slough. Are you sure that those werent redear? Would like to see a pic.

Offline Dahouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Thanks for the info, going out tomorrow morning early. Where did you fish ? Mormon Hill or in front of HQ. In the stick ups or way out near the grass.

Offline macchia182

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2011, 11:51 AM »
Parked at HQ.  Fished out by the tall grass.  Orange and chartreuse jig with wax worm about 3 to 4 fow.  Tip up was in the channel.  Abishop they were not redear.  Trust me I fish there all four seasons and some of the gills i've caught out of there are pretty impressive for the habitat that they are in.  I'll post pics later tonight. 

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2011, 12:16 PM »
Thank you, no pun taken, just when someone says they catch hogs they usually post a pic to go with it. Sorry again, didn't mean to rustle your feathers.

Offline Dahouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2011, 01:11 PM »
Just happy they started picking up again..for a couple of days it was really slooowwwww.

Offline tmilosh1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2011, 06:08 PM »
Fished this afternoon, still a little slow out there but I put 10 keepers in the bucket (and 0 dinks on the ice). The biggest of the day came up to my lap and back down the hole.  It's amazing how the big ones can change direction mid-air and hit a 5in hole a foot away! :)
Tony Milosh

Offline triplej

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2011, 06:23 PM »
i'll be going there tomorrow morning i have a junky RED 94 dodge ram 1500. will be parked by hQ if any is members are going that way

Offline chicagill35

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Bottle Bass Guy
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2011, 06:26 PM »
Fished this afternoon, still a little slow out there but I put 10 keepers in the bucket (and 0 dinks on the ice). The biggest of the day came up to my lap and back down the hole.  It's amazing how the big ones can change direction mid-air and hit a 5in hole a foot away! :)
Dont worry My cell phone did the same thing...lol
Jim

Offline wawa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:16 PM »
Slow. Went this afternoon and didnt even see a gill till 430 and seemed like they bit for about 20 min. Most just looking.

Offline minnowkeith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:41 PM »
Was there Wednesday with a friend, we left with 26. Had 3 crappie and 23 gills. Will be back in the am. Biggest gill MEASURED was 9 1/8''
Leave nothing behind but your footprints

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Im going to head that way as well i guess.   My other plans are canceled.

Purple over silver Dodge Diesel with a St Croix sticker in the back window.
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

You save the world, ill save your seat.

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2011, 09:18 PM »
going in the am tomorrow. Not sure if going to HQ or Mormon Hill. I drive 06 silver dodge ram front passenger side damage, hope to see u fellas out there

Offline the gill collector

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2011, 09:51 PM »
caught 15 over 8" pickin up a lil. i new here on the shanty, but live 15 min from slough so always there. been fishin slough 4 30 years,its hit or miss... good luck yall

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2011, 07:56 AM »
Im going to head that way as well i guess.   My other plans are canceled.

Purple over silver Dodge Diesel with a St Croix sticker in the back window.

On my way. 

(Is it ok to reply in just one Willow thread or do i have to hit all 72 thousand spaced 2-8 hours apart?)  ???   Just wonderin'.
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

Offline triplej

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2011, 08:16 AM »
sry guys im the one with the red 94 dodge and was supposed to meet up with sum of u at the slough. my wife wouldnt let me go out this morning cuz im getting the clam prospector tomorrow. it was either getting it or going out this morning. like i said sry for not making it, and good luck today

Offline bwca

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 09, 2011, 10:59 AM »
Gotta keep mama happy

Offline jgj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2011, 11:01 AM »
if mama ain't happy nobody happy

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2011, 02:37 PM »
Where are the pics of those 10"+ gills?
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:15 PM »
8 flags, 6 bass, 4 keepers.  12 bass total for the few of us fishing together.  Fished from 10-530pm.

Never once jigged.  Tip-ups only. 

Might find it hard to buy shiners i bought the last 4dz when i was there by HQ.  I saw how many were dying so i got as many as i could.  Shared them with the next 3 guys that came in since they came a fair piece too. 

Back at it tomorrow.  Am till dark.
Albert Einstein

Offline deertrkr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 09, 2011, 10:19 PM »
heading out monday morning.going to east side of the island in front of head quarters.meeting a couple of other members out there.i'm driving a 92 s-10 red over grey with red cap on the back.i'll be in a clam junior.come on by.

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 10, 2011, 06:59 AM »
See you there.
Albert Einstein

Offline Dahouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Had 3 keepers in 4 hours today in front of HQ. Fished from 7 AM - 11 AM..Very slow and a lite bite. Good luck to all .. Will try tomorrow all day in the Frabill..hope it doesn't snow alot.

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 10, 2011, 09:00 PM »
12 flags, 9 bass.  Great evening for me.  Still looking for a northern.   Had my first  :tipup:  :tipup: :tipup: this year.  Best bass 19".  Fished 5.5 hours.

I found 1 bucket of garbage, 1 broken chair, 1 machine screw, one self tapper, one bucket lid with foam (left in open, your lucky, i needed that), one wooden camo seat (left it open), one tipup part (crooked deal w plastic) and a NIP Energizer battery.  As if i didnt have enough to carry.    >:(   

Anyone find Dino's mitts?
Albert Einstein

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 10, 2011, 09:09 PM »
Wow is there any other lake to fish in this part of Indiana? I have heard alot of negative things as of late. First ice was great down there. I could see trying it a time or two but why does everyone keep trying it? I just wonder is all/ If I do lousy at a lake Ill try another lake. The ice doesnt last long enough for me. Just wondering why this place is a magnet lately

Offline minnowkeith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Anyone been catching any more of them 10+ inch gills from the Slough?

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:07 PM »
Anyone been catching any more of them 10+ inch gills from the Slough?

I like to see a pic of said fish personally......
Albert Einstein

Offline minnowkeith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 17, 2011, 04:02 AM »
A few people have asked to see pictures of those gills, they were supposed to be posted the night of the report but that hasn't happened. Abishop was probably right, more than likely they were redears not gills. Without pictures we will never know. Sounds like just  another fish story.

Offline walkerd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 17, 2011, 04:43 AM »
Wow is there any other lake to fish in this part of Indiana? I have heard alot of negative things as of late. First ice was great down there. I could see trying it a time or two but why does everyone keep trying it? I just wonder is all/ If I do lousy at a lake Ill try another lake. The ice doesnt last long enough for me. Just wondering why this place is a magnet lately

Cause everyone in the state knows that slough holds gills and no one ever posts anything about anyother lake by name.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.