Author Topic: Sturgeon Bay Trip  (Read 235 times)

Offline Buckeye Fan

• IceShanty Rookie
Sturgeon Bay Trip
« on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:03 AM »
Thanks for all the great replies about what rod type to use for walleye.  Are there any suggestions for lures size and weight. What type and pound test line would you recommend? 

I walked on the ice for the first time two years ago and tried ice fishing. Now I can't wait for ice season to come every year!  It seemed like such a simple inexpensive hobby.  Now I have camera, vexilar, an Otter shack a 4 wheeler and more jigs than I can count and other stuff.  But I can't pass up any little bait shop along the road because they might just have that secret weapon lure!!  I am an old dude now trying to make up for lost time on the ice.  A great winter sport and Ice Shanty is a great site I have learned a ton about the sport on here.  Lots of guys willing to help.  Sorry about the wordy post. Oh yeah any lure choice for walleye. Later..

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
Re: Sturgeon Bay Trip
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:21 AM »
For walleye I fish either 4 or 6 pound. Usually 4 pound. Lures- Moonshine Shiver Minnow, Firetiger Jigging Raps, Buckshot Rattlin' Spoon. Tip with a minnow if you wish.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.