New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: why don't women understand?  (Read 4954 times)

Offline IceEyes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • USAF Veteran
Re: why don't women understand?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 05, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Had the same problem only got married, lasted 12 yrs, Been divorced since 1992, once was enough, Had a few girlfriends since, if they showed up at the house with anything bigger than a tooth brush they didn't get in.
Have a cat that meets me at the door when I get home, rolls over on her back to get her tummy rubbed, (My wife never did that) If she did we would probably still be married.
Good luck with your decision, It's a great life with the right women.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #61 on: Jan 05, 2011, 09:26 PM »
And why aren't you married to her yet?  :blink:
                 We might, we've been living together for 8yrs don't want to ruin a good thing :blink:

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #62 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:43 AM »
ah the gene simmons role model!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:58 AM »
DIAMONDS......... that'll shut her up.
How true just upgraded her diamond to a full carrot. 3grand worth. Haven't heard a word from her since. I firure i should be good for the next 3 years till its paid off. LOL

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:54 AM »
I have been married for 14 years.  I go Ice fishing when ever I want and I never get a complaint.  I do have a little trick I do with her that she really hasn't seemed to catch on to yet.

First I put on a pair of speedo's backwords then I say to the wife we can make whoopy for 2 hours or I can go Ice fishing.  She says see you when you get home, works like a charm... ::)

Offline FishingForFun2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:55 AM »
I bring her along with the camp stove and a couple cast iron pans...you would be surprised what that women can cook up out on the ice...dont forget the coffee. the best part is, I got her her own sled little jet sled, so she drags her weight...she might get to fish a little while shes out there. Watching her pull up a northern and the look on her face afterwards is priceless!
Get out of the house...go fishing!

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:15 AM »
" Why don't women understand" ???

2 words!

DIFFERENT   ANIMALS...... ;D

Mines great though, she loves to fish, so I take her with me open water fishing from time to time!! But when it comes to ice fishing, thats MY time with MY buds. Thats pretty much the only time I get to do anything with my friends and she leaves it alone.  IF the season was longer I'd love to take her sometimes, but lets face it, a POSSIBLE 8-9 weekends just isn't long enough a season!

Like so many others pointed out, when we started seeing each other, I  let her know this is who I am and this is what I do, if you think there is ever going to be a problem, lets not waste our time...

If you have to give up doing the things you truely enjoy, NOT including being a BAR FLY, or DRUNK!! RUN and don't look back!!
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline bunnyasassyn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:40 AM »
look at us all talking about our feelings...how weak lol ill chime in cuz i just got out of a long similar relationship. lets think about it in fishing terms...you might have the nicest looking walleye ever spawned but she's hard to please, very moody, and cant stand to be away from you for more than 5 minutes because the rest of the "school" doesnt like her and she sits around bored out of her mind...so take a picture an send her back down the hole..move into the shallows an try to find a nice bluegill, they are much more understanding, very easy to get along with, an best of all they tend to school up nicely, so she can go do her thing you can go fishin, and then after you can hang out. I know its a lot easier said than done but i spent a lot of days in the outdoors trying to think of things i could do to make her happy..not to mention how many trips i missed out on cuz i didnt want to make her "mad". It sucks for a while but when your out fillin buckets an chasing flags you'll forget all about it.  ;D
good luck man!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #68 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:48 AM »
I have never had that problem with the X  or the now wife but remember there is 2 sides to a street not one sided for either ,you need your time to if she is'nt sharing up your time ,life is to short to deal with a bunch of melodrama  :nono:,from an ol buzzdars point of veiw

Offline all out nuts

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:15 AM »
The answer my friend is quite simple .........
What do you have dangling between your legs ? (most will answer some adjative we all know)
but whatever you want to call it , its a COMMON SENSE INDICATOR . ;D

they dont have one .................. :o
question answered  .

Offline gonefitchen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:37 AM »
my first wife was like that so i releast her!  my present wife of 12 years lets me hunt and fish all i want , shes a keeper

Offline devo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:57 AM »
I took my wife ice fishing on our first date. It was a  Cold, windy,snowy day. That was the first AND last time she ever wanted to fish with me.
Twenty-four(24) years later,she still has no prob :clap: :afro: :thumbsup: ;)2. getting rid of me every weekend.
-Voted most likely to get hurt 2010
-Secret Agent Man
-2013 Icemasters "Ironman" Angler of the year
-NY State Record Drum boat Captain, 2014-2016
-"Worst crew in all of drag racing” 2003

Offline rufishn2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 06, 2011, 10:17 AM »
 I go out the door and come back in when ever I want,but I remember those days .I,d rather icefish barefoot than to go back.
team "off all winter"

Offline A-TOM-MIK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasing perch the last 27 years
« Reply #73 on: Jan 06, 2011, 10:31 AM »
I'd rather icefish barefoot than to go back.

WOW !!!!

Forgot I made this for my tourney lake fishing buddies
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8051517/
I aint' got a lot but I think I got it made !!! In the shade...........
- Hank Williams Jr.

Lovin' Life !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71EfNNRg_s
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174207024#!/profile.php?id=1174207024

Offline Cedar2RTO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 06, 2011, 02:55 PM »
I've been having a hard time getting my girl used to the ice....She's scared to go out and that ends up making me nervous.
She's also cutting my trips short because she gets cold fast. She's a grown woman Idk why she doesn't dress warm enough
Heated socks and and heater in the shanty soon to come
And I always have to remind her it's called fishing not catching ::)
If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs; you may have misunderstood the situation.

Offline bobbyjr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Jan 06, 2011, 03:57 PM »
my ice fishing season is only 3 weeks old,and i have already spent 4 nights on the couch! good thing i have a nice comfy couch!!!!!

Offline sacandagakid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:06 PM »
I like taking my wife fishing,nothing like some quality time in the shanty..lol...never really catch much though ,who knows how long that flags been up
Dont't catch um all

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:08 PM »
I have never had that problem with the X  or the now wife

You found someone that will deal with you on a daily basis?  :woot: :woot: :woot: ;D

A word of warning guys... diamonds do not change anything! I was engaged many years ago and things got worse after she got the ring she begged for.
I just got engaged before this xmas and nothing changed. Things were fine before the ring and the same after...
"if you put lipstick and perfume on a pig, it's still a pig"

Offline soduswaternut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • work is for people who don't know how to fish!!!
« Reply #78 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:16 PM »
last time me and my fishing team hit the hardwater we gotta alot of the boy in trouble ;D ;D ;D

Offline icefishingwoman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:23 PM »
My GF is always yelling at me because i would rather restring a pole or do anything with fishing then hang out with her and watch tv.  Then when the weekend comes along i go fishing but momma's not happy.  Do any fellow hard water addicts have this problem?
yeah i do....lolol....except its the opposite.....lolol

Offline Smeltkiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:30 PM »
It's simple. Find a new one and not mine!

Offline icefishingwoman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Kinda know what you're going through BUT from the otherside.  You see, I'm a female, who

would rather be out hunting or fishing instead of going to a Mall   :-\     And the funny thing is,

I've yet to find a guy, who loves the outdoors as much as me :'(

But like me , you need to keep doing things in life that make you happy......you shouldn't feel guilty about it

or expect to hear an earfull when you get home!  Life is too short.........GO FISHING! :icefish:

you go girl.....lolol

Offline icefishingwoman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:49 PM »
heres one for all you manly whiners...go to the page where people are looking for ice fishing buddies...bring the wives ...let them meet and go do whatever...when they make shopping friends they will want to go on the next fishing trip with you...so they can meet their new friends.....lolololol

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:20 PM »
mine dont give me to much problem unless our two kids get to her or i try to go three to four days in a row which happens once in a while she even bought me a fl18 for christmas with a little help !!! She might even go with me if someone in the family would watch the kids

Offline jekross42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:23 PM »
               My girl friend just about pushes me out the door, I know what you're thinking she fooling around but that not the case. She feels that if she tries to hold me back from what I did before we met that I'd dump her. We spend our time together & that good enough for her. This is a girl went out & bought me a T.C. muzzle loader for X-mas 2yrs. ago. She's a keeper.

mine got me a frabill cammando,  got her hooked on bass fishing too, now we just gotta work on getting her ice gear so she doesnt get cold bc she doesnt know how to dress,
lots of great advice guys, and i can see how she gets a little  mad about fishing when every day possible is spent from dawn to dusk on the ice, then the drive home and clean the catch, it only leaves a few hours for her, but anyway time to catch some fish

Offline TRP-1007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Jan 06, 2011, 10:46 PM »
Simply off her!!!!

Offline monkeyman2269

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:05 AM »
tell her to shut up if she wants a warm house to sleep in and tv food usally works

Offline huntermanbill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Jan 08, 2011, 09:08 PM »
bring her along make her a little comfortable and make sure she catches fish their no different than little kids. and what woman dosn't like the worm

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Jan 08, 2011, 09:17 PM »
I have come to a point in my relationship with wife that i do what i plz when it comes to my outdoor hobbies and she really dosent have much say in it. I could be blowing money at the pub or at the strip joints but that isnt for me. I like to spend my coin on more gear. So all in all shes cool with it,the season is only 2-1/2 to 3 months out of the year.

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #89 on: Jan 08, 2011, 10:27 PM »
my girl doesnt mind going on nice days but doesnt complain when i am going.its kinda nice.i grow a beard and hunt alot and clean animals in the kitchen.there is some b***hing but we live on.my one buddy had some interesting advice.......he said just leave a 50 or 100 on the counter so she can go shop or go to lunch with a friend or both.if she is bad now i guess it will just get worse so im told.i also have no kids and im only engaged maybe that is why its so easy 4 me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.