Author Topic: Hello fellow hardwater fans  (Read 1246 times)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Hello fellow hardwater fans
« on: Jan 02, 2011, 10:10 AM »
I became a addict last year after catching my first pike through the ice last year at bantam.  I finally decided to take a minute away from fishing to join the conversation.  I fish a lot, most months 20-25 days and figured I'd share some things below that might help others get out since it hasnt been mentioned in previous threads:

Onota was safe as of yesterday as was Pootosuc and Buel, on the way up to Ma in the morning there were guys getting out on the boat launch at colebrook however it maybe scetchy after todays rain and snowmelt.  I'll update tomorrow.

Anyhow great site, I try to stay away from forums because there isnt much time to talk fishing when you do it all the time but seems like (after lurking for some time) that there is a good crew here!

Oh and I want everyone to know my stand on spot burning (because I will be very forward about when, where, and how I catch in the future) This day and age there really isn't such a thing as spot burning, the popular spots will always be popular and with that the people that fish those spots more times than not tell someone about the fishing and word gets out ect.  Here's a great example:  someone tells a tackle shop owner how well they did and it ends up in On The Waters report the next week.  I figure with so many places to fish there is no harm to me or anyone putting people on fish.  Hopefully some of my future posts will accomplish just that, and should I "burn" my own spots; there are millions out there and 90 percent of the fun is finding them!

Tight Lines,

Jon

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Hello fellow hardwater fans
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2011, 12:40 PM »
i don't care about spots i will alway help a fellow fisherman if they want to know where i got it i will let them know. i post all the time when i get fish and let you know what lake it was caught at

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2011, 01:09 PM »
There are times though when to protect someone elses wishes to keep locations quiet or due to sensitive access issues.  Those times its better to let it go unmentioned.

I've been fishing mass alot recently with decent success if anyone wants to join me let me know.  I am planning on hitting hamilton reservoir or webster lake once the slop hardens a bit.

Offline Jessox80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The malevolent aged grin..."- Hughes
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2011, 02:23 PM »
I like your attitude Jon. I too was a lurker for a long time, and learned a ton from the people here. Sharing information is what drives this site.
Pike fishing is a like a cruel mistress that is too beautiful to leave.

Offline dmach83

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I can;t flyfish might as well jig
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2011, 02:48 PM »
My thoughts exactly.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2011, 02:49 PM »
I like your attitude Jon. I too was a lurker for a long time, and learned a ton from the people here. Sharing information is what drives this site.

Thanks guys.

Offline Fresh Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2011, 03:36 PM »
You will never see a  Lake X ::) report from me, why post if you can't mention the lake, how, when and what.

Offline Tom_in_CT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2011, 04:11 PM »
You will never see a  Lake X ::) report from me, why post if you can't mention the lake, how, when and what.

Same here. If I didnt want people to know I wouldn't post on here. All my reports will have the location. Everywhere I fish has tons of people anyways so it doesn't matter.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2011, 04:18 PM »
Its refreshing to see that at least on this site the ice fishing crew is much more lighthearted than my surfcasting brethren.  I during the open water season am a surfcasting striper addict, if you mention a spot with big stripers around and how your getting them you'll be remembered and most likely get your tires slashed (there are exceptions of course not all striper addicts are that way).  I stay away from striper boards for that reason...ice fishing is my break from chasing those migratory fishes...

Offline calicohunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:24 PM »
Welcome aboard. :tipup: 

Offline waltsfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AH-SUNSET -to fish or not to fish what a stupid ?
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2011, 07:45 PM »
welcome ,that is what the site is for sharing info , if someone doesn't want to share that is fine to. ;)

Offline dtsoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:26 PM »
I hope that someday CT actually names a body of water Lake "x", then the secret posters will have to come up with another code word for their secret spots.

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2011, 04:48 AM »
welcome to the club, help and advise the name of the game. If you dont want to help dont interfer with others helping :tipup:

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2011, 08:17 PM »
There is no reason for the whole spot burning theory. We are all here and out there for the same reason. It is what it is and thats all there is to it. The way I see it is if you want to post pics of great fish, then be prepared to share the whole thing. If you dont like it...Maybe try another forum. Alot of us have kids and would love for them to catch a great fish for the memory. I am very fortunate, and have the ability to fish 6 days a week. Most arnt and they look to fellow fishermen to give them a hand. Good luck to all and may your flags be high :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
No, I mean I REALLY REALLY LOVE TO FISH!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.