• IceShanty Rookie
Magog
« on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:37 AM »
Anyone know what the fishing is like by the twins

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Magog
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2011, 05:45 AM »
I went out to eagle point on Thursday-I didn't see any bobhouses by the islands -everyone was parking on the road but wheelers were on the ice and folks seemed to be fishing everywhere.I was coming back from a sledding trip so didn't have my fishing gear to give it a go.

Offline Magog Landshark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2011, 03:51 PM »
Went out today.  Six inches of ice, four inches of slush on top of that in spots.  Lot of water on top in spots too.  Didn't stay that long because my youngest's feet were instantly soaked.  Got a couple smelt nibbles but we didn't go out between the islands where i like to go.  One shanty out between the islands.   
Farewell and adieu, to you fair spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've just received orders, for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore, shall we see you again.
-Quint

Offline GrnMntBoy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2011, 07:58 PM »
Anyone have an update on the ice by the twins?
Looking to go for smelt.
Thanks.

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:19 PM »
Did 3/4 pail today and dozen perch by the twins
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline GrnMntBoy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:24 PM »
Thanks. How thick is the ice?

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:28 PM »
8-9 inches, one guy had a truck out there, I'd say its too early for that, but there were wheelers out all over and a few shanties
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
~John Buchan

Offline Magog Landshark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:44 PM »
I was over at Strawberry Acres access today. Talked to a guy who just drove off the ice in his truck.  Asked him if there was eight inches of ice and he hesitantly said yes 6 to 8.  Asked him if he went all the way out to Providence Island he said he wasnt over there he was on the western side but he saw an SUV over by Providence.  A guy came with small camper and he towed it out on the ice with his friend.

Vaya con dios amigo.

Farewell and adieu, to you fair spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've just received orders, for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore, shall we see you again.
-Quint

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2011, 10:08 PM »
Where is Strawberry Acres? I'm not that familiar with the area... Might be up there again this week
~John Buchan

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:11 AM »
Go through Newport and follow the lake around to get to Strawberry Acres.Used to be a farmer who stored and put folks bobhouses out for them over there.Always liked the islands better for fishing !

Offline Magog Landshark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:30 AM »
The access is actually called Whipple Point I believe, on Strawberry Acres road.  Take Lake road out of the west side of Newport, once you cross the railroad tracks take an immeidate right onto Strawberry acres road. 
-Quint

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.