The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Knight's cove  (Read 772 times)

Offline webster2

• IceShanty Rookie
Knight's cove
« on: Dec 31, 2010, 02:59 PM »
Anyone ever fish there?  We went out today.  The ice was not that great, and we didn't even have a bite.  We did notice a lot of tip ups set up there but nothing biting those either.  It was our first time there. 

Offline RipSomeLips22

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Knight's cove
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2010, 03:47 PM »
where is nights cove? do you mean knight point state park?

Offline webster2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2010, 03:51 PM »
It is kind of behind Knight's State park.

Offline RipSomeLips22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2010, 04:02 PM »
on the other side of the point? long bay that sits back? if it is thats hibbard bay have fished there in the past, good places for weed beds, caught more large mouth there than anything

Offline webster2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2010, 06:00 PM »
That's it. I've heard it called Abenaki bay too?  It  looks like a nice place to fish when there's a little more ice!

Offline diamondsteel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2010, 06:40 PM »
That's it. I've heard it called Abenaki bay too?  It  looks like a nice place to fish when there's a little more ice!
agreed, I went out there to check it out 1.5 weeks ago and found only about 2" of ice and the cracks started sounding :o.  I was driving down the other side the other day and could see that the inner bay looked like it might have been a bit more thick.  I went on where the parking ends at knights point ... through a path in the woods.  I know theres lots of current running just outside the bay, and on the map, it looks like it stays pretty deep further into the bay, so maybe it takes  bit longer to get thick there??  be careful if you go anytime soon-- til we get more cold weather. 

Offline cbice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:10 AM »
Yeah Hibbard and Abenaki are the same bay.  I fish there at least once a year with some spotty success.  A few years ago it was real good in march for pike.  Last year not so much.  I hope the state keeps the parking lot open but they won't if people keep driving there damn atv's all over the place.  Last year I went there twice and both times people had driven there atv's through that section of woods between the parking lot and the bay.  All they had to do was go down the trail to the beach and ride around the point like everyone else but they chose to tear up the woods and the bank out of pure laziness leaving trash along the way that I havd to pick up.  When that parking lot gets locked we can thank them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.