The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: south lake  (Read 639 times)

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
south lake
« on: Dec 30, 2010, 07:14 AM »
Thinking about heading to Larrabees or Singing Cedars Friday. Anybody been to either spot? Any action? Ice conditions?
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline DunmoreFAn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: south lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2010, 07:29 AM »
Haven't been yet but have heard people are nailing the perch out there. Had a couple guys in the Bait Shop this morning heading that way. They are going to post results on here at some point. They were going after Pike and Bass bought a lot of big bait!!

Go to Whipple Hollow Bait for Minnows and Spikes
Fishin Ain't easy but it's better than work

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2010, 07:40 AM »
Thanks for that. I assume you mean Larrabees and not Singing Cedars? Heard of anybody getting walleyes?
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline DunmoreFAn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2010, 07:42 AM »
Those boys were actually going to try both locations....haven't heard anything on the Walleyes yet
Fishin Ain't easy but it's better than work

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2010, 04:13 PM »
fished singing cedars today. 1 pike right after daylight and another flag at about 10:00 and that was it for 2 of us. pik was 10lbs 3oz. a couple of people had a few perch, not many

Offline tipuppppppppp

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get the gaff
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2010, 11:16 PM »
singing cedars and larabees should both have around 8-9 inches of ice, i heard there was 2 vehicles on singing cedars but its a little early for me.  i fished larabees two weeks ago and didn't do much with tipups but did well jigging bout half a bucket of perch. probably going back out there saturday if not there down tween singing cedars and benson to see if i cn catch an eye

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2011, 08:20 AM »
went to Larrabees Friday. Bite was so so. Did manage two decent pike, 7 and 8 lbs. Broke one off. One 'gill, 16 yellow and 1 white perch. Perch mostly ran 7-8", but a did get a few slabs. Found that the pike were hanging out in deeper water, 12' or more, and outside the weed line. No action in shallow. Also wanted to report that someone left a Hi Tech 5 gallon bucket on the ice, with contents, from the day before. No one showed up to claim it so we brought it home and I'm posting it here in hopes that somebody will claim it. We'll be back at Larrabees probably next weekend so if it's yours we can drop it off then, or make other arrangements. I lost some tackle a few years ago on Dunmore and had to re-outfit, so I know how that feels. If anybody knows who it belongs to and can identify the contents please let me know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.