Author Topic: Bow and northwood lake ?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/med
Bow and northwood lake ?
« on: Dec 30, 2010, 06:14 AM »
 anybody know the conditions looking to get out for some trout without traveling that far. and i never fished them also looking for info on where we can park

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bow and northwood lake ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2010, 08:15 AM »
can park at the dam at bow, but you'll have to walk a ways.  haven't been there yet this year.  please let me know how it looks if you make it that way!

Offline nhfisha17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2010, 09:30 AM »
Ice should be good on Bow now..Not promissing anything tho. I was out there a week before christmas and there was about 1.5-2.5 on the shorelines and it was all locked up..alot has changed since then..They also lowered Bow lake ALOT this year, alot more than usual years . There is a beach on the backside of the lake, not sure if its residents only tho, your best bet is probly the dam parking lot.
[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/mrkcrne05/Icce%20Fishing/TEAMNH3.png[img]

Offline Supervisor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2010, 09:36 AM »
You might give Pleasant Lake (Northwood/Deerfield) a try for trout.  We stocked it with some surplus browns just before ice-up.  Not too far from Northwood Lake (which is bass, pickerel, perch water).  Not sure what the ice thickness is on Pleasant but several guys have been out there for the last couple of weeks.
Scott Decker, NHFGD Inland Fisheries Supervisor

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2010, 09:40 AM »
Ice should be good on Bow now..Not promissing anything tho. I was out there a week before christmas and there was about 1.5-2.5 on the shorelines and it was all locked up..alot has changed since then..They also lowered Bow lake ALOT this year, alot more than usual years . There is a beach on the backside of the lake, not sure if its residents only tho, your best bet is probly the dam parking lot.

The only safe place to park at Bow lake is at the dam. that beach on the backside by Bennets bridge, is for Northwood residents only. trust me they will ticket you.

Offline nhfisha17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2010, 10:01 AM »
The only safe place to park at Bow lake is at the dam. that beach on the backside by Bennets bridge, is for Northwood residents only. trust me they will ticket you.

Thanks James!! Glad i didnt venture out there and find out the hard way..
[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/mrkcrne05/Icce%20Fishing/TEAMNH3.png[img]

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2010, 10:29 AM »
LOL, I got one of those tickets 2  >:(
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2010, 04:16 PM »
You might give Pleasant Lake (Northwood/Deerfield) a try for trout.  We stocked it with some surplus browns just before ice-up.

Thanks for the info. My friend and I will probably check out Pleasant Lake next. Any special rules for that lake? Also, are the browns the same stock that was put in the lamprey and cocheco rivers late November?

Offline Supervisor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2010, 10:52 AM »
No special rules on Pleasant Lake in Deerfield.  Six trap lake.  The brown trout are the same "stock" as what went into the rivers you mentioned.  Anywhere from 12-18".
Scott Decker, NHFGD Inland Fisheries Supervisor

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2010, 03:27 PM »
That's cool to know. We caught and released some beautiful browns from those rivers, Ill post some pics soon. Does anyone have any suggestions on hooks for mostly catch and release with traps w/bait for trout? I don't want to deep hook everyone. Thanks and good fishing. :)

Offline sherpakroto

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2010, 05:12 PM »
Fished a small pond not far from there today. 8 in black ice under 4-5 inch snow to start the day. Softened up considerably with water coming up through the holes as the day wore on. Started the year 5 fish on 5 flags, ended up 6 for 7. That is about 5 times better than my regular success rate :) Good ay with Androangler and his bud Eric. Great way to end the year.

FWIW, Bow came up in conversation. Androangler said he wouldn't trust it yet.

Offline nh archer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2011, 05:00 AM »
I was working down at Bow yesterday and she looked pretty solid.  Several sleds were bombing around in the middle by the trolling channel.  Should be okay for the weekend.

Offline Ice Trapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag Up! He's Stripping line"
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:20 AM »
If i had to pick it would be hands down pleasant lake! bow is pretty decent but you will wreck an auger pretty quick if your not careful!

<{{{>(~Raef Heller~)<}}}>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.