Interested in Attending

Yes
8 (66.7%)
No
2 (16.7%)
Maybe
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: TEAM Ontario - G2G #1: Sharbot Lake  (Read 5097 times)

Offline slimenlyman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: TEAM Ontario - G2G #1: Sharbot Lake
« Reply #30 on: Jan 19, 2011, 10:00 AM »
Tristan420 got me into fishing a few years ago. 4 boats later now he's working on getting me icefish. This year is my first full year on the ice. One bait size perch and a 18 inch walleye to date. The ice makes me weak at the knees with the cracking sometimes :o. I'm in 100%

Parking should not be an issue. There is lots of side streets as well as the school just down the road. If I have to I'll drop my stuff, park at the school and walk back.
Jeffery

Offline Seaweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 19, 2011, 11:27 AM »
I noticed on the Navionics map that there is another ramp onto the western part of the lake near where Cannon Rd hits the lake .... Robert St off of #38 and then Left on Elizabeth and right onto Cannon.  From the Satelite maps it looks like there could be parking there also.  It is also closer to the bait shop at 1004 Dickson Crescent Sharbot Lake, Ontario K0H 2P0 google map http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=1004+Dickson+Crescent+Sharbot+Lake,+Ontario+K0H+2P0&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1004+Dickson+Crescent,+Central+Frontenac,+Frontenac+County,+Ontario+K0H+2P0&gl=ca&z=16

I think I will probably board the ice somewhere around there... I have a sled so I will be able to find you... I have some holes I want to try.  Might be able to find some productive waters and let you know... need cell number.  There is a big hole betweeen Craig and Maxwell Islands and the shoreline and it shows walleye, pike etc on the Navionics... it might also give more shelter from the winds if it is bad on Saturday.  

But like I said I am easy on where we choose to meet.... so bring it on.   :tipup:

Ok HOt UPdate

I just got off the phone with North Frontenac Bait and Tackle at 1004 Dickson Cresent, Sharbot Lake just off of #38 on the North side of the city.... they open at 8 and have bait.  I asked about access to the ice and he highly recommends not getting on at the narrows ... it does not freeze well.... that and another spot between islands near Riders island... way south west from where we are heading.  So he said that we could find lots of parking and good access to the ice from the Government dock... that is the ramp I pointed us to and I will be heading there... he also recomended Sharbot Lake Country Inn as a good spot to stay so I might... big maybe head up there Friday.  Just thought I would share the info... if you want to call the bait shop try 613-279-3733   ;D

Offline Bear58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 19, 2011, 07:11 PM »
Damn I wish I had the notification thing turned on :-\ , totaly forgot about this. Thanx for the info seaweed, with the windchill going to be up there, pretty sure i'll miss this anyway, good luck guys
OFAH ZONE F

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 20, 2011, 04:12 PM »
Here is some info that was posted on another board in response to my question about launching and fishing at the beach near the hwy 38 launch:

Yeah, there is a great access point at the beach. If you dont want to drive out, you can park there too. If you do go from there, there is a good shoal about 200m straight out from the beach, right off the point of the helicopter pad by the medical centre. Lots of jumbos there and the occasional pike looking for a good meal.
@jzuliniak

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2011, 05:01 PM »
Sounds good to me, we may want to push the meet up time to 8:20 so we can all get bait if the bait shop does not open till 8

anyone know if he takes debit or cash only?

Offline Tristan420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 20, 2011, 06:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure they take debit. But just call for sure.  I hear the beach would be a better access to fishing spot according to a coworker of mine who lives close. Says it is a good spot soft water not sure on the ice but I say it would be a good start point

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #36 on: Jan 21, 2011, 07:07 AM »
Yep, they take debit. but the machine is flaky.

Just to be sure Im clear, the beach is the area just behind the maples restaurant? correct?

Offline Tristan420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 21, 2011, 02:23 PM »
Yes that is the one. Everybody drive safe the roads are a little snow covered and expecting a couple cm tonight but not much. Dress warm it will be a cold one -14 high. 

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 2011, 02:38 PM »
Yes that is the one. Everybody drive safe the roads are a little snow covered and expecting a couple cm tonight but not much. Dress warm it will be a cold one -14 high. 

true but atleast the wind isnt going to be as bad as originally forecast.  We will see you there tomorrow, Bobbyz04 has a clam yukon  so if we dont meet up in the parking lot we will see you on the ice!
@jzuliniak

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #39 on: Jan 21, 2011, 03:39 PM »
 I will be pulling a fishtrap guide

Offline Merv

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here....fishy.....fishy
« Reply #40 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Good luck tomorrow guys wishing i could be down there fishing with yah but ill be out on my lake fishing for trout in a balmy -35C tomorrow  :o lol

Tight Lines
Merv

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #41 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:35 PM »
I may have to pull out myself... I have some work to do in the am, depending on how long it takes I may not make it out, If i dont see ya, Im looking forward to the reports and pics

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:09 PM »

Well me and Bobbyz04 got skunked on Sharbot, Tristan did you guys fair any better? 
@jzuliniak

Offline ultimate tire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:13 PM »
hey Jz. im from Upstate ny. But i have a camp on MAckie LAke. you ever fish it?

Offline slimenlyman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 22, 2011, 08:39 PM »
skunked on Sharbot ??? Tristan and I stay out until almost 6:00 and got nothing.

Offline Seaweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:59 AM »
Three generations of Seaweed family made it out... what a great day weather wise... it was supposed to be horribly cold.... never trust the weather man.

Overall the fish were no where to be found and we were on the hot spot according to a local guy I met. 

We had a good time though... I looked around and didn't see anyone except for one lone guy off of the point by the narrows.... we were off the Government dock out by the island in about 27 feet of water... some small hits and I raised a good fish late in the day but ... oh well. 

I will be back... this place has tons of promise.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #46 on: Jan 23, 2011, 09:02 AM »
I was sorry to miss out, I worked till 9:30 and then thought I did not feel like making an 1.5hr drive, so I headed down to BOQ (Deseronto). got into some nice perch but the walleyes eluded me

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jan 23, 2011, 01:14 PM »
Three generations of Seaweed family made it out... what a great day weather wise... it was supposed to be horribly cold.... never trust the weather man.

Overall the fish were no where to be found and we were on the hot spot according to a local guy I met. 

We had a good time though... I looked around and didn't see anyone except for one lone guy off of the point by the narrows.... we were off the Government dock out by the island in about 27 feet of water... some small hits and I raised a good fish late in the day but ... oh well. 

I will be back... this place has tons of promise.

Too bad we didnt get a chance to meet, there was a group of 5 of us that launched at the beach and went out to the point where there were some permanent huts set.  Look like a good location, lots of drop offs and structure but no fish. second time i have been skunked on Sharbot I would like to hear from someone that fishes the lake on regular basis and get their input.
@jzuliniak

Offline Tristan420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Pathetic is the only word to describe the turnout of people and fish on the ice of Sharbot lake. Hopefully better on BOQ.

Offline Seaweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 23, 2011, 09:58 PM »
I am not sure that pathetic is the proper description.... it was disappointing yes... but the weather played a big part in everyone backing out I think.... I almost did too.

If we look at the size of the commitment though.. and the membership six of us showing up is... not too bad.

I am sorry that I did not make a run over to say hello because I spotted a bunch of folk off of the point.  My bad.

I will try to make QUinte but..... make no mistake.... Quinte sucks.... even the big lads who ventured down this week could not find decent walleye... and if that group of top knotch anglers get spanked... with G2 guiding them... then I hold out little chance of this year pulling out my personal best walleye. 

I will be there though no doubt... I went last year and the turnout for that event was less than stellar.....

This is about getting out fishing for me though and if I get to meet a few folk then so much the better. 

Tight lines dudes....

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #50 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:39 AM »
I have been to a few G2G's and usually the turnouts are small, and guys are spread out over a large body of water. I hope we are able to find some fish on Quinte, with Hawg Hunter with us I dont doubt that we will.

I saw some pics this weekend of another team Ontario member and his 14lb walleye he landed on Quinte this weekend, the thing is a beast

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.