The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ethanol fuel treatment  (Read 743 times)

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ethanol fuel treatment
« on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:01 AM »
It has probably been posted but a reminder may save someones auger. Make sure you use an ethanol treatment stabilizer in your auger mix. Unless you can find regular unleaded gas (no ethanol) it is imperative that you use this treatment. Augers,lawnmowers,snowmachines etc. have been ruined by the ethanol in the gas. It eats gas lines, diaphrams and primer bulbs to name a few items. There is regular stabilizer but you need to get the ethanol treatment stabilizer to save your machines .

surflizard

Re: Ethanol fuel treatment
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:19 AM »
Since I switched to Seafoam from stabil, my ethanol Problems are a thing of the past ! I know this is a shameless plug for Seafoam, but Everything that I use it in, from Small 2 strokes, 4 strokes and my vehicles, They ALL run the best they've ever run !

Offline RipSomeLips22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2010, 08:26 AM »
Its not just stabilizer you want to put in your gas, that ll take care of the water in it not freezing but also put in something called enzyme treatment. That really takes care of the ethanol! It comes in a little blue bottle at the auto store! Ive put both of them in my gas for the wheeler and its run great. take care of your equipment!

Offline mrch33

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag UP!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2010, 10:29 AM »
I put stabil marine ethanol treatment and a little seafoam in every gallon.  I have had  a lot of luck with that so far!  Just dont ever use left over gas from the year before
Tight Lines Boys!

Offline bradleyroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Starbright Treatment works for me, after dropping 350 bucks because E-10 wreaked havoc on my boat engine, its worth the trouble!

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2010, 03:08 PM »
I use the Starbright in everything, snowblower, snowmobile, boat, lawn equipment, auger ect.....

Offline DyingBreed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DYING BREED
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2010, 04:29 PM »
Nasty stuff (ethanol) I run our small equipment plum dry befor storeing . So far it has been good. When we fill up we add a splash of mystery oil , we also add it to our oil chng. and fuel tanks of the vehicles. May help the seals/o rings ?. So far it's worked.  :-\
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy !  Fish on, gotta go ..........!!!

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:49 PM »
I use Stabil for all my small engines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.