Author Topic: Where's all the Walleyes hiding on the BOQ lately????  (Read 1049 times)

Offline BellevilleKevin

• IceShanty Rookie
I was out on the BOQ today for 4 hrs just off Hwy 2 and Wallbridge Loyalist.  No walleye at all, a couple of perch and that was it.  Is anyone having luck anywhere else on the Bay fishing Walleye????

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Where's all the Walleyes hiding on the BOQ lately????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2010, 09:44 PM »
I was in two local shops in belleville today and guys where lined up to buy minnows, the bite is hot and guys are reporting big catches and qty's

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:21 AM »
I was out on the BOQ today for 4 hrs just off Hwy 2 and Wallbridge Loyalist.  No walleye at all, a couple of perch and that was it.  Is anyone having luck anywhere else on the Bay fishing Walleye????

Not too many people are going to give up their productive spots on a public forum after they've put in the time and leg work to find the fish! That's one the things about fishing, you have to put in the time to find them. It would take all of the fun out of it for you if someone just told where they were and you went right out there and caught them... you'd probably be ashamed of yourself too!

Here's a tip... look for the high traffic areas where lots of people are fishing and lots of holes have been drilled in the ice, then go from there.

I was in two local shops in belleville today and guys where lined up to buy minnows, the bite is hot and guys are reporting big catches and qty's

That was cruel dude!

... I like it! ;D
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:23 AM »
Here's a tip... look for the high traffic areas where lots of people are fishing and lots of holes have been drilled in the ice, then go from there.

Or buy yourself a pair of binoculars...." USA fishfinder" ;D
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2010, 08:02 AM »
Or buy yourself a pair of binoculars...." USA fishfinder" ;D

I've got a buddy that does that in the Sping while Crappie fishing, I call him "Nosey". ::)
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline hawg hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2010, 08:39 AM »
 sounds like you were fishing potters creek
should have iced some eyes there
just remember the walleye swim UP the bay so any fish at potters are heading to trenton,so if no fish by 8am pack up and walk west 300 yrds and try again(checking ice all the way just to be sure)

potters is always good for 10 days to 2 weeks then the fish move and most can't find them.just remember they swim UP the bay,well 99% of the time lol

Hawg Hunter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.