Author Topic: Xmas eve Bantam  (Read 685 times)

Offline AustinB

• IceShanty Rookie
Xmas eve Bantam
« on: Dec 27, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Sorry for the late report, been busy. went there on friday at about 8am. started fishing the south bay with tipups and shiners, almost directly off the morris town beach about 30 yards off the shore. No hits for me, but guys 20 yards to the left (opposite side of the lake from the launch) were getting consisten hits on big shiners and suckers. they pulled out some nice pike. 5-7 inches of solid clear black ice with a few white spots all over. plan to get out again this weekend.
Tight Lines

Offline calicohunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Xmas eve Bantam
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2010, 09:31 PM »
AustinB, glad to see you made it out.  With fishing that's the way it goes, so keep at it.  My son Alex and I started targeting pike two years ago, he's iced three and I just got my first two weeks ago.  I trust you have a jigging rod with you, it's a great way to past the time, usually a variety of panfish are biting but you never know for certain what's going to take your jig and it's a lot of fun when you find you have a larger fish at the end of your line. Have fun and we'll see you on the ice! :tipup:

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Thanks for the report. Good info, And your time will come. (hopefully soon) :tipup:
No, I mean I REALLY REALLY LOVE TO FISH!!!

Offline AustinB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2010, 03:33 PM »
thanks guys i will see you out there. next time i will try bigger shiners and some suckers too.along with a new location preferably over a weed bed or on a weed line
Tight Lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.