The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Eskimo Power Auger  (Read 1380 times)

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
Eskimo Power Auger
« on: Dec 27, 2010, 05:02 PM »
Anyone been cutting holes with a Eskimo 43 cc auger? Cabelas has them
on sale and looking for comments from anglers with a 
minimum of couple seasons use. 

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Eskimo Power Auger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:17 PM »
I bought a 71 cc after using my buddy's 43 cc.  They both tear through the ice.  I also have an older Jiffy and it can't touch either of the Eskimos.  Great auger.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline djb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2010, 11:53 PM »
I have used  my Eskimo M43 in 8" for the last 3 years and other then a bad ignition coil (fixed under warranty) it has been flawless. I would recommend the use of a fuel stabilizer and a dedicated fuel can for the 25 to 1 mix it calls for. Also use the blade protector to keep the blades sharp, so the auger cuts thru the ice without placing an excessive load on your clutch and motor. I store mine with a tank of stabilized fuel and last week it started and ran smoothly on the third pull after sitting in storage since last March. I've been very happy with mine and expect it to be in service for years to come, thanks to some proper care and maintainence. :tipup:

Offline Magog Landshark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:38 AM »
Go to youtube and search Jiffy versus Eskimo.  There is a video of two guys seeing who can drill five holes the fastest.  The race may not be completely on the level but the Eskimo performs very well.         
Farewell and adieu, to you fair spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've just received orders, for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore, shall we see you again.
-Quint

Offline northern nightmare

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over i'll ice fish there too.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:43 AM »
Im going on my 5th year with my Eskimo. I have the Z71 and would not trade it for anything. I have changed the blades once and put a tune up kit in it last season. I fish with guys who run eskimos and stealths and i will cut holes around them.

surflizard

« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:53 AM »
There is a thread in ice augers called F.O.E.A.O. it's for Eskimo Owners, by Eskimo Owners ! There is a lot of positive feed back coming in everyday on all the different Models of the Eskimo Augers ! I've got an Old Model 8600 Shark and She still tears it up !  :thumbsup:

Offline northern nightmare

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over i'll ice fish there too.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:12 AM »
Im going on my 5th year with my Eskimo. I have the Z71 and would not trade it for anything. I have changed the blades once and put a tune up kit in it last season. I fish with guys who run eskimos and stealths and i will cut holes around them.

Meant to say i cut holes around jiffy's and stealths. I love My ESKIMO!!

Offline DyingBreed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DYING BREED
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:51 AM »
Still running the one I inhereted from my dad....it was bought in the winter of 70/71 ! Runs great and cuts super still ! Just take good care of um !
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy !  Fish on, gotta go ..........!!!

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2010, 11:02 AM »
Thank you appreciate the feedback, I am ordering a new Eskimo today.   

Offline DyingBreed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DYING BREED
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2010, 04:33 PM »
Smart man !!!! :thumbsup: :clap:
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy !  Fish on, gotta go ..........!!!

surflizard

« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2010, 03:13 AM »
Congrats TRT, After you get her on the ice and get a chance to cut some holes with it, swing by the F.O.E.A.O. Thread and tell us what you think of her !

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2010, 12:31 PM »
That is the unit I have and has worked great for two years...never have had to pull more than 3 times for startup. You wouldn't know the unit is 2 years old, going to last for many years. High quality cutters, bought 2 spare sets and still blasting through the ice with the original blades!!! Good luck with your purchase.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.