Author Topic: fish finder for ice and kayak  (Read 648 times)

Offline westfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
fish finder for ice and kayak
« on: Dec 27, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Does anyone have a good recommendation for portable fish finder that can be used on the ice in winter and in kayak over the warmer months?  Not many seem to run on standard batteries so if you can recommend a portable battery set up that would help too.  thanks in aadvance for any replies...

Offline bmxrider11976

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: fish finder for ice and kayak
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2010, 02:36 PM »
i just got the piranhamax 160 portable. comes with everything, the transducer, battery, battery charger and the unit itself. all comes packed in a soft side carrying case. i havent recieved it yet, but i think it will be a good little investment. i use the kayak alot in the summer too and have a jon boat as well so i figured if it works at all through the ice thats jsut a plus in my book as its main purpose is for my boats.
USE A BOBBER!

Offline jonnyfly00

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2010, 06:39 PM »
the only thing you might have to do is make sure the transducer is pointing directly down. not sure on how you would do that

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2010, 06:58 PM »
i have the piranhamax 160 portable unit. i use it mostly for my kayak and ice fishing sometimes, i also bought the ice transducer to go along with the max160. i lucked out that the jimmy houston had 3 slots for transducers so the ice ducer plugs right in. works great but i still use my jimmy houston flasher for the hard stuff though. good luck.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.