Author Topic: Pklures  (Read 13750 times)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Pklures
« Reply #30 on: Oct 15, 2011, 07:40 PM »
Hey Surf, The smallest Flutter Fish I have seems to be 2 1/2 to 3 cycles per second rocking and near 4" to 6" fall per second.

surflizard

« Reply #31 on: Oct 15, 2011, 08:34 PM »
Thanks Guys, I'm trying to track down the slower falling spoons for Burbot and Lakers, the medium slender spoon is fairly slow like that. They seen to respond better to that sideways rocking action from what I've seen on the camera. I'll look them up and see about trying them ! :thumbsup:

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #32 on: Nov 03, 2011, 06:07 PM »
Im still loving the PK lures, been using them all summer and fall with great success. They have been working awesome for walleyes this fall and I look forward to using them again this winter. I got my biggest walleye ever on a PK flutterfish in the Rowans Ravine fall classic 2 months ago,  over 13 pounds! There sure were alot of naysayers last winter but it sure seems like they have caught on now, I bet over half the teams in that last tournament I fished were using PKs.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #33 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:37 PM »
Like anything, Ill have to try em, especially having seen some of those tanks caught!!! Thats my style of fishing for walleyes so Im sure they will work to some degree, they might not work as well as in the video because that appeared to be one of those unusual but extremely gratifying outings!!
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 11, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Thank you Santa!  ;)

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 13, 2011, 11:45 AM »
i want to try a few of these out for walleye but what size do you guys think i should start off at with the spoon and flutterfish? thanks guys

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 13, 2011, 12:43 PM »
3/8oz, 1/2oz should land you fish. Check their site www.PkLures.com for some outstanding vids and discussion on their lures. PK has a facebook page with a ton of pics and lure descriptions. Don't believe you can go too wrong with any of them. If you mark fish and they look interested but aren't taking the bait, size down.

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 13, 2011, 02:47 PM »
bought some last year late winter used during summer work good for walleye and bluegills cannot wait for some good ice to try for the winter

Offline mattg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 14, 2011, 08:20 PM »
Pks are sure working good for early ice walleye up here in Sask!

Love this picture with the 1/2oz spoon completely engulfed

Offline DFunke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 14, 2011, 10:10 PM »
First time using them was this ice season and they have sure been hot.

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 15, 2011, 09:05 PM »
are you guys tipping them?

Offline mattg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 18, 2011, 11:33 PM »
are you guys tipping them?

Usually.  Minnow heads or an eye.  I have caught on them without bait though

Offline CravingIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 23, 2011, 09:43 AM »
Haven't used them yet, but, waiting on a package.  Very impressed with the guys at PK, I placed an order yesterday...received an email shortly thereafter from them telling me where I could order from here in Canada (to receive the product sooner).  They actually asked if I wished to cancel my order.  I took them up on the offer, and, quickly re-ordered the product from one of the Canadian distributors.
Look forward to giving them a shot on some Nipissing walleye this January.
Seventy percent water, thirty percent land...it's an ANGLERS WORLD!!!

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 23, 2011, 08:50 PM »
I too will soon place an order for a few. Which has been working better?

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #44 on: Dec 23, 2011, 09:37 PM »
Woody, I've found it varies, as to which one works when and where.  There are three I've used through the ice that I really don't want to be without. The Flutter Fish, The PK Spoon and The Ridgeline. Choose your colors, after reading the testimonials and you'll be set. Good luck.

Sorry I didn't answer your question.

Offline BigDVO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 27, 2011, 07:04 AM »
Haven't used them yet, but, waiting on a package.  Very impressed with the guys at PK, I placed an order yesterday...received an email shortly thereafter from them telling me where I could order from here in Canada (to receive the product sooner).  They actually asked if I wished to cancel my order.  I took them up on the offer, and, quickly re-ordered the product from one of the Canadian distributors.
Look forward to giving them a shot on some Nipissing walleye this January.

Hey Pal.. Can you give me the Canadian distributor info ? I have used the PK with some success and would love to order some different colors and sizes.

Offline CravingIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:33 AM »
Hey Pal.. Can you give me the Canadian distributor info ? I have used the PK with some success and would love to order some different colors and sizes.

Sure can, ordered through the Fishin Hole site.
Seventy percent water, thirty percent land...it's an ANGLERS WORLD!!!

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Dec 27, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Just ordered a handfull of the spoons, I'm excited to see em in action!

Offline eyefinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 27, 2011, 12:58 PM »
I keep trying them with no luck. A couple of times this year I was in schools of walleye, catching several at a time.
After tying on a PK within 30 seconds they wouldn't touch it. Soon as I would put the Swedish pimple the bites started
again. Not a spoon I'm buying again.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #49 on: Dec 27, 2011, 01:43 PM »
I keep trying them with no luck. A couple of times this year I was in schools of walleye, catching several at a time.
After tying on a PK within 30 seconds they wouldn't touch it. Soon as I would put the Swedish pimple the bites started
again. Not a spoon I'm buying again.
Maybe watch those videos again and see they were using the Flutter Fish, might be good to observe the action those fellows impart, and then try that in shallow water so you can prefect your technique to duplicate same.  Good luck.

Offline Walleyerus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Dec 28, 2011, 06:52 PM »
One thing to keep in mind is do not bait these and if you do only a small fish eye or minnow head. You do not want to mess up the action. they mimic a dying or injured minnow, Play around a bit and once you get the right action and color things  will  go very well for you. Let the lure do the work. Last week i was using the flutter fish. once the fish moved in I brought it up two feet let it flutter down then a little twitch and connected time after time.1/4  Copper was real hot.Good Luck. :tipup:

TYLERFEEZER

« Reply #51 on: Dec 29, 2011, 12:13 AM »
One thing to keep in mind is do not bait these and if you do only a small fish eye or minnow head. You do not want to mess up the action. they mimic a dying or injured minnow, Play around a bit and once you get the right action and color things  will  go very well for you. Let the lure do the work. Last week i was using the flutter fish. once the fish moved in I brought it up two feet let it flutter down then a little twitch and connected time after time.1/4  Copper was real hot.Good Luck. :tipup:
The creator of these lures live in my town and they do work well for just about any species but they require the right movement and technique.  The fact that someone put one in a school of biting walleye and didn't have anything seems off.  A six inch lift and drop is the way to fish these at first and once the bite is a bigger lift/drop  is what is needed.  I never tip mine and I catch everything from stocker trout to hog walleye. The lures work great and are always my go to.

Offline Pklures

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • PK Lures -- Catching Fish Redefined!
« Reply #52 on: Jan 09, 2012, 11:23 AM »
Just a couple shots of fish we pulled through the ice over the weekend.  There will always be situations where a given lure doesn't produce -- my own tackle box is full of a variety of lures -- but the PK Spoon and Flutterfish consistently produce walleye, lakers, panfish, catfish, burbot, sauger, and even pike through the ice.  If you know how to fish them, you know what I mean -- and if you don't know how to fish them, head to our pinned thread on this walleye page and ask for some tips.  Jigging takes a bit of skill, but it's immensely rewarding once you master the technique.

Best of luck to everyone on the ice this week -- PK Lures user or not -- and have fun!!

Offline Pklures

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:26 PM »
Had a couple folks ask how to fish the Flutterfish and the PK Lures.  Pasted below are an instructional thread here on Ice Shanty, and a YouTube video of two good eaters caught in two minutes while one of our guys explains how to use the product.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=209069.msg2103409#msg2103409

&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Offline eyesntightlines

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Beer on the ice is always nice!
« Reply #54 on: Jan 17, 2012, 05:45 PM »
Is there a color that works better than others, or do you try a few different ones till you find what is working?

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 17, 2012, 07:53 PM »
Is there a color that works better than others, or do you try a few different ones till you find what is working?
FWIW, most pics have copper or red dot glow hanging out of the fish.

Offline DFunke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 17, 2012, 09:49 PM »
Red dot glow and pearl chartreuse are my go to colours. There has been many days though where the copper or fire tiger glow will produce.

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:19 AM »
Gotta get me some.  Going to order a few today!

Offline Pklures

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 22, 2012, 12:21 PM »

The Red Got Glow, Firetiger Glow, Copper, and Pearl Chartreuse are picking up the most walleye.  The glow patterns are picking up the most lakers.  The firetiger is doing well on rainbows, brookies, crappie, perch, and pike.  Brown trout go after the firetiger, copper, nickel, and rainbow patterns best.  Burbot are hitting red dot glow.  The only pattern that does better on open water than on ice (in my opinion) is the PK Spoon Shad pattern, which is a *must* for open water when you're pounding fluttering spoons down through schools of shad to get at largemouth, stripers, wipers (etc) hanging below schools and picking off stragglers.  There really is no "dog" pattern.  And stay tuned for more patterns -- we're talking about introducing a couple that a lot of customs have asked for.  If you have a favorite pattern that we don't offer, let us know!

Offline double_a85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 22, 2012, 04:18 PM »
Took my new PK lures out today on a lake that has rainbows. They were slamming the flutterfish in the Pearl Chartreuse color. Made for a fun day!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.